Tip: you can change your faculty password or find out your faculty login at FI password change application .
The login is generated automatically according to the relationship to the faculty at the time of account creation in the following form:
prijmeni- internal staff (contract);
q prijmen- external staff (agreement) or visitors;
y prijmen- support staff (usually building management);
x prijmen- internal student (FI field);
x učo- external students (from another faculty).
The faculty password is not a secondary IS password!
When creating an account on FI, the password is set to the secondary IS password, but since then it has been completely independent of it. Changing one of these passwords does not change the other. Faculty password can be changed:
- If you know the faculty login and password, use Faculty administration ,
- if you know your account and primary password to the IS, use FI password change application (here it is also possible to view the faculty login if you do not know it).
Who is a faculty account created for?
The right to an account arises for persons who meet at least one of the following conditions:
- students with active study at FI
- students of subjects that require access to computer classrooms or for which the teachers have explicitly requested it
- active employment in the form of an employment contract or agreement at a workplace of the faculty
- teachers who teach the subject of the faculty or their subject is scheduled in the faculty building *
- membership in an IS access point that allows access to classrooms / rooms with a card reader (ISIC)
- members of professional committees or professional and scientific councils
* - In this case, the account is created for the duration of the semester (teaching and examinations) and in the case of subsequent semesters also between them. The account is also provided even if the person does not teach in the current semester, but has teaching in the previous and next semester (ie teaching "every semester").
The owner is informed about the creation of the account by e-mail to the IS. In the event of loss of account entitlement, an information email is also sent approximately three weeks prior to cancellation. If you cancel your account, you will lose access to all services associated with it. You can find account information at Faculty administration in the My Account section under the Overview link.
The information on the basis of which accounts are created or deleted is synchronized from the Information System to the Faculty Administration twice a day.
I have a different login than my relationship to FI
The account record is retained for a period of time even after the account is canceled. So if you are from another faculty and enrolled in the course at FI, you will receive a login
uco , which will be retained for you, even if you later, for example after a year, become an employee or student of FI.
Employees or doctoral students to whom the faculty account was previously created on the basis of another relationship with the faculty may
unixsP955L0rU@fiH56WBAy66.muni2ugUk5TNR.cz request the setting of an additional mail alias in the form
prijmeni @ fi.muni.cz , if unoccupied. However, the faculty login remains original.
Where to solve problems
If you think you should have an active account and this is not the case, make sure you have an active access card (eg ISIC) and then contact the persons responsible in this regard:
If you are
a student and have interrupted your studies, but you are working on a final thesis and you need a faculty account for this purpose, contact your supervisor to contact the account with a reasoned request and the expected time for which you will need it.
If you are a teacher , contact the lecturer of the course or the guarantor of the field to which the course belongs.
If you are an employee , the problem needs to be solved with the head of the workplace or personnel department.
Services using a faculty account
An active account gives you access to many faculty services - you can usually identify them by domain (
fi.muni.cz ). In particular:
- Unix servers and workstations (eg aisa , anxur , nymph * , moon* , etc.),
- Windows computers in the domain
NTFIsuch as classroom workstations or ate terminal server,
- Personal website ,
FI mail (SMTP, IMAP for
- Faculty Gitlab ,
- Virtualization platform Stratus.FI ,
- Authentication to
wlan_fi(does not apply to
- Faculty administration ,
- Faculty VPN (does not apply to university VPNs),
- FI printers ,
- and other services, the description of which can be found in Technical information on the faculty website.
These services use the Kerberos password sharing system. This means that passwords are not stored on individual machines, but on a central server, which stations / servers / services query the password for correctness when verifying the password.
What does not fall under the faculty account
MU Information System
Use your učo and primary password to log in to the IS. To access e - mail in IS (address of the form
učo@mail.muni.cz ) use the account and the secondary password.
MU single sign-on
Used to log in učo and primary password :
University services with a secondary password
The login and secondary password are used for login: