Tip: you can change your faculty password or find out your faculty login in the FI password change application.
The login is generated automatically according to the faculty relationship at the time of account creation in the following format:
prijmeni- Internal Staff (Contract);
qprijmen- external employees (agreement) or visitors;
yprijmen- support staff (usually building management);
xprijmen- internal students (FI branch);
xučo- external students (from another faculty).
The faculty password is not a secondary IS password!
The password is set to the secondary ISu password when the FI account is created, but is completely independent of it from then on. When you change one of these passwords, the other does not change. The faculty password can be changed:
- If you know the faculty login and password, use Faculty Administration,
- If you know your teaching and primary IS password, use the FI password change application (you can also view your faculty login here if you do not know it).
For whom is the faculty account created?
Persons who meet at least one of the following conditions are eligible for an account:
- Students who are actively studying at FI.
- Students in courses that require access to computer labs or for which the instructor has explicitly requested it
- active employment in the form of a work contract or agreement at a faculty department
- Teachers who teach a faculty course or whose course is scheduled in a faculty building *
- membership of an IS access point that allows access to classrooms/rooms by (ISIC) card reader
- members of subject committees or subject and scientific councils
* - In this case, the account is created for the duration of the semester (classes and exams) and in the case of consecutive semesters also in between. An account is also provided even if the person is not teaching in the current semester but has teaching in the previous and following semesters (i.e. "bi-semester" teaching).
The account holder is informed of the creation of the account by email to the IS. An informational email is also sent approximately three weeks before the account is cancelled if the account is no longer eligible. In the event of account cancellation, you lose access to all services associated with the account. Account information can be found in the Faculty Administration in the My Account section under the Overview link.
The information used to create or cancel accounts is synchronized from the Information System to Faculty Administration twice a day.
I have a different login than what corresponds to my FI relationship
The account record is retained for a period of time after the account is cancelled. Thus, if you were from another faculty and enrolled in a course at FI, you would be given the login
xuco, which would be retained even if you later became an FI employee or student, perhaps after a year.
Employees or graduate students who previously had a faculty account created based on a different faculty relationship can request an additional email alias of
email@example.com be set up at
if it is not populated. However, the faculty login remains the original one.
Where to resolve problems
If you think you should have an active account and you do not, make sure you have an active access card (e.g. ISIC) and then contact the people responsible for this:
If you are a
student and have interrupted your studies, but are working on your thesis and need a faculty account for this purpose, contact your supervisor at
fadminVnY5TkOmO@fi7GO-w05Pk.muniyz6B4E7aW.cz with a reasoned request and the expected time you will need the account.
If you are an instructor, contact the course instructor or the advisor of the discipline under which the course falls.
If you are a member of staff, the issue needs to be taken up with the Head of Department or Human Resources.
Services using a faculty account
An active account gives you access to many faculty services - you can usually identify them by their domain (
something.fi.muni.cz). In particular:
- Unix servers and workstations (e.g. aisa, anxur, nymfe*, luna*, etc.),
- Windows computers in the domain
NTFI, such as workstations in classrooms or the ate terminal server,
- Personal websites,
- Access to
FI email (SMTP, IMAP for
- Faculty Gitlab,
- Stratus.FI virtualization platform,
- Authentication to the
wlan_fi(not valid for
- Faculty Administration,
- Faculty VPN (not valid for university VPN),
- FI Printers,
- and other services, descriptions of which can be found in the Technical Information on the faculty website.
These services use the Kerberos password sharing system. This means that passwords are not stored on individual machines, but on a central server, which is queried by stations/servers/services for password validation using a secure protocol.
What is not covered by the faculty account
MU Information System
Use your username and primary password to log into IS. Use your uco and secondary password to access your email in IS (address of the form
MU single sign-on
Use your username and primary password to log in:
University services with secondary password
For logging in, the ucho and secondary password are used: