Open days for those interested in studying at the Faculty of Informatics at MU
14. 12. 2018 Open day 2 , Facebook event
1. 2. 2019 Open Day 3, including the presentation of new study programs in the Master's degree program
As? Video from last year:
Open Day Program 14 December 2018
Accompanying Morning Preprogram: Testing IQ - Mensa ČR
Did you know that applicants with IQ 130 and above may be admitted to FI MUNI without entrance examinations? Testing will take place from 10:00 to 11:00 registration (Mensa web) , 11: 00-12: 00 registration (Mensa web) , room D3.
The main program
12: 30-13: 00 Registration in the entrance hall FI MU - you will receive information materials about FI MU. Next, you can continue to the D3 lecture hall, where you can chat informally with existing FI students. There will also be representatives of the study department FI MU , ready for individual consultations. Throughout Open Day, the Study Department will be open to all visitors for their queries.
13: 00-13: 50 Presentation about the possibilities of study with subsequent discussion - study at FI MU will be presented by prof. Jiří Barnat, Vice-Dean for Study Programs. You will get answers to the questions: What is FI MU specific? What programs can be studied here , what items to combine? What to watch out for during your studies? How to file an application ? What are the options to travel ? What can you expect? do you finish school? At the end of this block you will also get information about follow-up Master's degree program .
Following will be an organized excursion led by current students at research institutes and laboratories at MU MU. Student guides will be waiting for you at the end of the presentation in front of the lecture hall and FI courtyard . Do not be afraid to ask anything during your excursion. Guides or students working in labs can help you learn about how to find a place to live in Brno or learn how to learn while studying.
14:00 Excursion around the building - location:
- Joint presentation in the framework of Red Hat's collaboration, as an industry partner of the faculty, and laboratories
Center for Research on Cryptography and Security. You will learn how to collaborate on open source security projects, whether in the bachelor's thesis, collaborative work on research projects, or internship.
- How can the image be decomposed into pixels, how pixels look up and how can it be used? How can a damaged image or video be repaired, how can we use mathematics to graphically depict image properties that are otherwise unmanageable to humans? Lab
interested in biomedical image. It brings together experts in the fields of computer science, mathematics and physics, as well as biology and medicine that investigate cell behavior, which is used for proper diagnosis and treatment of diseases and drug efficacy.
- What does linguistics have with computer science? Natural language processing. In the labu
intelligent computer programs are created, without which you can not use Google or seznam.cz. It develops programs that will make people understand, search for them, translate texts, automatically respond, create language analyzes, and analyze large word data packages.
we develop applications and technologies for processing large data collections including multimedia (digital libraries, production and post-production of films). LEMMA is a playground where different fields blend in and projects for practice in three areas: information retrieval (in arXiv digital libraries, etc.), machine learning (walking recognition), production of multimedia content (film festival tradition, festival). fi.muni.cz).
- Where is the border between man and computer? Find out what our students are doing during their studies and find yourself in another reality for a while. In HCILAB, we are developing new methods for human interaction with the computer. We use technologies such as: virtual and widespread reality, motion capture, 3D print or brain-computer interface. Together with experts from other disciplines, we test these new methods in different areas, including: patient health monitoring, cultural heritage digitization, smart office project, or serious games
- In the lab
not only our people are waiting for you, but also robots or drones. You will learn how such electronics are programmed and controlled around us. Find out how to detect neutrons and gamma rays around us and what EmLab people are working with nuclear scientists. The laboratory is equipped with measuring technology and current technical and program tools for the application of programmable FPGAs, single-chip microprocessors and DSP-type processors. It focuses on the study, development and application of so-called embedded systems for unique, dedicated applications.
- Are you interested in powerful computing, storing large volumes (PB and more), high-speed networks (40 Gbps and more), and what can you do with these technologies? Are you interested in High Definition Multimedia (8K) and how to transfer data? Are you interested in how to program and control the most powerful systems with the latest graphics cards or thousands of processes? Do you want to plan the world and its technology with artificial intelligence? And similarly look for unexpected in big data? Then the SITOLA laboratory is the best place to start with. High-end visualization technology is available, in cooperation with partners (CESNET, CERIT-SC), to access the fastest networks and the most powerful systems, as well as to engage in international projects and collaborate with teams from a wide range of disciplines.
- We will combine the latest scientific knowledge with cutting-edge practice. A good example is our Cybernetic Polygon Project (
), a unique virtual environment for simulation of cyber attacks. KYPO is mainly used for research and large cybernetics. At the same time, we also use KYPO for education in the subjects we teach. Thanks to this, FI MU students have a unique opportunity to try everything they learn in KYPO to get really valuable practical skills. At our site we will introduce our team, the KYPO project.
- In the lab
(Data Intensive Systems and Application) we teach machines to efficiently process large volumes of multimedia data (images, videos, movements, biometric data, etc.) using their dual similarity. In a short presentation and subsequent demonstration of web applications, people will be introduced to the main challenges associated with big data and similar search.
is engaged in research and teaching in the field of data science, in particular machine learning, data and text mining and deep learning.
provides interdisciplinary education in graphic design, focusing primarily on digital media. He focuses on topics such as generative programming, interactive media creation, animation, video, 3D digital modeling and 3D printing, e-publishing, webdesign, font creation, gaming and interactive graphics.
Kentico: From the Android TV diploma to dream work
He got to Kentico Academy, wrote a great final work, and is now a successful developer in Kentico software. Come and get inspired by the story and tips of Juraj Bielik!
Good Data: Barbora Kompišová - About work in addition to study, system operation and automation
Lexical Computing: Natural Language Processing - From the Diploma to Software for World Publishing. Graduate and Ph.D. FI student Vít Suchomel talks about a career at Lexical Computing supplying language software, the world's first publishing house, which started with a diploma thesis in
Laboratory Natural Language Processing Center.
Konica Minolta: Age and Gender Estimation, Konica Minolta Laboratory Europe is developing prototypes using advanced technologies from computer vision, natural language processing, or multimodal computer interaction.
16:30 - expected ending. We look forward to your visit!
The whole event will be recorded by a faculty photographer.
More information and brochures to download
Web with studio programs:
On FI without receivers
Individual excursions and other activities for secondary schools
Brochure Information on Studies at the Faculty of Informatics (CZ, 2018, 1,8 MB PDF) to download .
Brochure Research Areas and Laboratories (EN, 2018, 4.4 MB PDF) to download .
Brochure of Research Areas and Laboratories (CZ, 2015, 34,7 MB PDF) to download .
studijnii07yX5ZJz@fi3dhUIS=56.munixFWpkYqqU.cz (preferred contact, for specific queries, or posting brochures)
Telephone: +420 54949 1818
propagacew=TQFL8bS@fil5wQNcr2J.muni0OX=OwsWO.cz (for those interested in excursions)
Telephone: +420 54949 6282
Follow Facebook: FI.MUNI.CZ , Instagram: @fi_muni , Twitter: @fi_muni