Graduates of master's degree programs who have obtained the academic title of "master" may take a state rigorous examination in the same field of study, which includes the defense of a rigorous thesis. After its completion, the academic title of Doctor of Natural Sciences is awarded in the field of natural sciences - in short RNDr. listed before the name.
- At FI MU, you can apply for rigorous proceedings in the corresponding specializations
master's degree programs :
Artificial intelligence and image processing
Computer systems, communications and security
Management of software systems and services
Teacher training in informatics for secondary schools
- The current
deadline for submitting an application for rigorous proceedings is
15 November 2020 .
The deadline is announced once a year - always in the middle of November.
Application for the state rigorous examination incl. All annexes must be submitted to
Department of Research, Development and Doctoral Studies by the above deadline. For details, see SZŘ MU, Article 37, paragraph 4.
Note for doctoral students at FI MU:
If the applicant meets the conditions for submitting an application for the state doctoral examination and if at the same time applying for this examination also submit the application for the state rigorous examination with all requisites (including dissertation thesis as a rigorous thesis in accordance with the provisions of SZŘ MU, Art. 38 (4), shall pass those components of the State doctoral examination and the State rigorous examination which are joint or equivalent only once.
(1) Rigorous work must contain original results or original elaboration of a comprehensive part of the issues of the field, at a level that corresponds to the publication standard of the field.
(2) A rigorous thesis may take the form of a set of published works of the applicant or works accepted for publication, which the applicant shall provide with a comprehensive introduction to the issue and commentary.
For details, see SZŘ MU, Art. 38.
Note for doctoral students at FI MU:
If the applicant submits application for recognition of theses dissertation as a rigorous thesis according to SZŘ MU, Article 38, paragraph 4 at the same time as the submission of theses, and if this request is granted, the dissertation thesis must be defended as a defense of a rigorous thesis. Given that the defense of a rigorous thesis is by law part of the state rigorous examination SZŘ MU, Article 37, paragraph 2, and due to the requirement to submit the dissertation thesis at the same time as the application for the state doctoral examination (SZŘ MU, Art. 32 par. 1 ), it is possible to consider the completion of the state doctoral examination at the same time as the performance of the state rigorous examination, but only on the basis of the individual application of the applicant submitted simultaneously with the application according to SZŘ MU, Art.
- The requirements for the
oral part of the rigorous examination at FI MU are based on
final examinations for master's studies , viz. also
Study catalog , but the commission requires deeper knowledge.
- Attention: Rigorous proceedings are meant to initiate an administrative process leading to a rigorous examination. This is not a study. The applicant has no supervisor provided by FI MU.
Department of Research, Development and Doctoral Studies
Ada Nazarejová, phone: 549 494 963, e-mail:
- MU Study and Examination Regulations - Part Five, Articles 36 to 39.
Dean's directive on reimbursement of costs associated with rigorous proceedings at FI MU .
The fee for rigorous proceedings is CZK 5,000. Pay over Shopping centre .