Advanced Master's State Examination Procedure
Graduates of Master's degree programs who have obtained their "Mgr." degree may take an Advanced Master's State Examination in their field of study, a part of which is the applicants' defense of their Advanced Master's Theses. If they meet all the requirements, they will be granted a doctoral degree in the field of natural sciences, and will be entitled to use the academic degree of the Doctor of Natural Sciences - in short RNDr.- listed in front of their names.
- At FI MU you can apply for Advanced Master's State Examination Procedure in
Informatics and Applied Informatics - i.e., in the corresponding Master's degree programs .
deadline for submitting applications for the Advanced Master's Examination procedure is
15 November 2019 .
The examination date is published once a year - always around mid-November.
Applications for the Advanced Master's State Examination procedure including all attachments must be submitted to the
Department of Research, Development and Doctoral Studies by the deadline above. For details, see MU SZŘ, Article 37, Paragraph 4.
Note: for PhD students at FI MU:
If applicants fulfill all the conditions for submitting the application for the State Doctoral Examination and submit their applications together with applications for the Advanced Master's Examination Procedure, including all the essentials (i.e., propositions that make up the Advanced Master's thesis as defined in SZŘ MU, (Article 38, Paragraph 4), they will be obligated to take the parts of the State Doctoral Exam and Advanced Master's State Examinations which overlap only once.
Advanced Master's Thesis
(1) The Advanced Master's Thesis must contain original research results or original approach to a coherent portion of the subject matter in the field of study in question, on a level that meets the publishing standards in the field.
(2) The Advanced Master's Thesis may be in the form of a set of published works of the applicant or work accepted for publication. In both cases, the applicant must prepare an accompanying introduction and commentary.
For details, see SAR MU, Article 38.
Note: for PhD students at FI MU:
If an applicant submits his thesis together with an application to have the propositions presented in the dissertation thesis recognized as his or her Advanced Master's thesis according to SZŘ MU, Article 38, Paragraph 4, and provided this application is accepted, the defense of the propositions of the thesis must take the form of the defense of the Advanced Master's thesis. As the defense of the Advanced Master's thesis constitutes a part of the Advanced Master's State Examination in accordance with SZŘ MU, Article 37, Paragraph 2, and given the fact that the thesis' propositions must be submitted together with the application for the State Doctoral Examination (SZŘ MU, Article 32, Paragraph 1), it is possible for the applicant to take the State Doctoral Examination in lieu of the Advanced Master's State Examination. This, however, applies only if the applicant submits a corresponding application concerning this request concurrently with the application according to SRA MU, Article 38, Paragraph 4
- Requirements for the oral part of the Advanced Master's Examination at FI MU are based on the final examinations for Master's degree studies , see the Study Catalog , but the committee requires deeper knowledge.
- Please note: The Advance Master's State Examination Procedure is meant to be understood as the initiation of an administrative process leading to the Advance Master's State Examination. This is not a study program. Applicants have no supervisors available at FI MU.
Department of Research, Development and Doctoral Studies
Ada Nazarejová, phone: +420 549 494 963, e-mail:
- MU Study and Examination Rules - Fifth, Articles 36 to 39.
Dean's directives on the reimbursement of costs associated with rigorous proceedings at MU MU .
The fee for the Advance Master's State Examination Procedure is CZK 5000. Please make your payments via the Shopping Centre .