The Anxur server runs on a computer in the configuration:
- 4 16-core Intel® Xeon® CPU E7-8860 processors running at 2200 MHz (3200 MHz turbo)
- Each core has 256 KiB of L2 cache
- Each processor has 40 MiB of shared L3 cache
- Four 480 GB SSDs, sixteen 3.84 TB SSDs, and fifty-four 12 TB HDDs in a RAID 10 configuration, for a total of over 60 TB of SSD and 640 TB of HDD logical capacity; see also blog post on disk array upgrades
- 0.5 TB OF RAM
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system
The Anxur server serves as a staff SSH server - it is analogous to the Aisa student server. It provides email systems management (mail receiving, mail sending and spamfilter) for PhD students and staff, disk space for home directories and user web pages available at www.fi.muni.cz/~login/ and backups.
Anxur (2nd fall of Anxur) - god of the underworld among the Italian tribe of the Volsci, later identified by the Romans with the supreme god Jove. Anxur was worshipped by the Romans under the name of Juppiter Anxur. His cult had its main centre in Terracina (southeast of Rome), which was called Anxur in the time of the Volscians.
Vojtěch Zamarovský: Gods and Heroes of Ancient Myths