The Anxur server runs on the computer in the configuration:
- 4 16-core Intel® Xeon® CPU E7-8860 running at 2200 MHz (turbo 3200 MHz)
- Each kernel has a 256 KiB L2 cache
- Each processor has 40 MiB shared L3 cache
- Four 480 GB SSDs, sixteen 3.84 TB SSDs and fifty-four 12 TB HDDs in a RAID 10 configuration, totaling more than 60 TB SSDs and 640 TB HDDs of logical capacity; see also blog post o upgrade the disk array
- 0.5 TB RAM
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 7
The Anxur server serves as an employee SSH server - it is an analogy of a student server Aisa . Provides systems management electronic mail (receiving, sending mail and spamfilter) for doctoral students and staff, disk space for home directories and user websites available at www.fi.muni.cz/~login/ and backups.
Origin of the name
Anxur (2nd fall of Anxura) - god of the underworld at the Italian tribe of the Volsks, by the Romans later identified with the supreme god Jove. Anxura was worshiped by the Romans under the name Juppiter Anxur. His cult had a major center in Terracine (southeast of Rome), which was called the Anxur under the Volks.
Vojtěch Zamarovský: Gods and Heroes of Ancient Myths