Aisa.fi.muni.cz is a Dell PowerEdge R930 with the following configuration:
- 4 16-core Intel® Xeon® E7-8860 v3 processors operating at 2200 MHz (turbo 3200 MHz)
- Each kernel has a 256 KiB L2 cache
- Each processor has 40 MiB shared L3 cache
- Four 480 GB SSDs in a RAID 10 configuration, ie 0.96 TB of logical capacity
- It is connected to the network at 10 Gbit / s full-duplex
- 512 GiB RAM in 32 PC4-17000 modules
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 7
The computer is physically located in the air-conditioned hall of the data center of the Faculty of Informatics.
Every student and teacher of FI has an account on this computer. The computer is the primary student server. Any user can receive on this computer electronic mail . Users are connected to the home directory from fileserver home.fi.muni.cz , as well as at other workstations in the computer hall and classrooms. Thus, the user always has the same home directory, no matter where he is sitting.
Origin of the name
Aisa name comes from Greek mythology: Aisa (second fall Aisy) - one of the goddesses of fate. She usually considered herself to be the goddess of that destiny, the man of which is man himself.
Vojtěch Zamarovský: Gods and Heroes of Ancient Myths