Aisa.fi.muni.cz is a Dell PowerEdge R930 with the following configuration:
- 4 16-core Intel® Xeon® E7-8860 v3 processors running at 2200 MHz (3200 MHz turbo)
- Each kernel has a 256 KiB L2 cache
- Each processor has 40 MiB shared L3 cache
- Four 480GB SSDs in RAID-10 configuration, ie 0.96 TB of logic capacity
- The network is connected at 10 Gbit / s full duplex
- 512 GiB RAM in thirty two PC4-17000 modules
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 7 operating system
The computer is physically located in the air-conditioned hall of the data center of the Faculty of Informatics.
Every student and FI teacher has an account on this computer. The computer is the primary student server. Every user can receive on this computer e-mail . Users are connected to the home directory from the home.fi.muni.cz fileserver, as well as other stations in the computer hall and classrooms. The user, no matter where he is sitting, always has the same home directory.
The origin of the name
The name Aisa comes from the Greek mythology: Aisa (the second fall of Aisy ) - one of the goddess of fate. She usually considered the goddess of the destiny, whose creator is a human being.
Vojtech Zamarovsky: The gods and the heroes of ancient antiquities