State Doctoral Examination – Content and FormState doctoral Examination contains defence of thesis proposal and oral exam from two subareas, which student choose according to the agreement with his/her supervisor from below stated areas. Chosen subareas should be thematically different. Each area has professional guarantor, who is able determine new subareas according to student's needs. Content of oral part of doctoral exam is approved by the Doctoral Board FI MU for each student individually with respect to the professional orientation of study. The exam is held in front of an examination board and takes the form of an oral exam.
The fixed exam dates are given in the academic calendar.
Requirements for submission of an application to the state doctoral exam are completion of following courses:
DTEDI and DPUBL and DCIPR
DTEDI and DPUBL and DACSE
DTEDI and DCIPR and DACSE
The application form for the SDE.
Areas Questions for the State Doctoral Examination
- Computer Graphic and Image Processing
- guarantor: doc. RNDr. Petr Matula, Ph.D.
- Data Processing
- guarantor: prof. Ing. Pavel Zezula, CSc.
- Security of Computer and Communication Systems
- guarantor: prof. RNDr. Václav Matyáš, M.Sc., Ph.D.
- Computer Processing of Natural Language
- guarantor: prof. PhDr. Karel Pala, CSc.
- Computer Systems and Networks
- guarantor: prof. RNDr. Luděk Matyska, CSc.
- Quantum Information Processing and Bioinformatics
- guarantor: prof. RNDr. Jozef Gruska, DrSc.
- Formal Methods for Analysis and Verification
- guarantor: prof. RNDr. Jiří Barnat, Ph.D.
- Theoretical Foundations of Computer Science
- guarantor: prof. RNDr. Petr Hliněný, Ph.D.
- Social Aspects of Computer Science
prof. RNDr. Jiří Zlatuška, CSc.
- Design of Embedded Systems
prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc.