News on projectsHere you can find information about current open calls related to the Faculty of Informatics. Further information can be found on our Research Funding webpage . Information not only about projects, grant calls, research at MU can be found on the MU Portal. The RMU Research Department publishes a Newsletter, where you can find information about ongoing and upcoming calls and events v/v, and also has a new project IMPROVE, thanks to which the MU Research Department has more opportunities to provide information, organize workshops, assist in the preparation of the proposal and subsequent implementation of the project. Scientists can also use the Anlupa.cz application, which allows easy automatic search and monitoring of calls for research, experimental development and innovation projects announced by national and foreign grant providers.
We would like to ask those of you who are thinking about joining grant calls to inform us promptly by email at
veda=aNEx51v2@fi-_yebuTQj.munizfstmRLA7.czor in person at the Research Support, Projects and Cooperation with Industrial Partners Department. Please allow approximately 7 working days prior to the funder's deadline for submission of proposals to the FI, unless otherwise stated for an individual call.
The Faculty of Informatics of MU became a recipient of the HR AWARD in April 2021, more information can be found on the Faculty's website. MU has also approved the Masaryk University Gender Equality Plan ( GEP), the link is available here .
- MSCA-PF Seminar for MSCA-PF applicants - March 6, 2023 (9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.) - will be hybrid, registration required
- TC Prague organizes a Seminar for institutional management and project management representatives to support ERC grant applicants - 16 Feb 2023 - online.
- In-house seminar "How to apply for a project review by the Research Ethics Committee?" - 27 Feb 2023 - mainly for researchers, hybrid - registration required
- Information about upcoming MU events and seminars after registration on the MU Portal and also on the IMPROVE website - calendar of events.
Currently open calls, information on reporting
Currently open calls:
ERC - Advanced Grants - deadline: 23 May 2023
ERC - Proof of Concept - multiple cut-offs (20.4.2023, 21.8.2023)
Detailed information can be found on the European Commission website, in Czech on the website of the Technology Centre of the CAS and also on the MU Portal.
- Published work programmes 2023-2024 - FTO portal
- The Faculty of Informatics of MU became a HR AWARD winner in April 2021, more information can be found on the faculty's website. MU also has an approved Gender Equality Plan/ Masaryk University Gender Equality Plan (GEP), link available here .
- Information about the new Horizon Europe programme and current calls can be found on the European Commission website, in Czech on the website of the Technology Centre of the CAS and also on the MU Portal. You can take advantage of RMU's consultancy and financial support when preparing your projects. For more information about international projects at FI, please contact Ms Jana Halámková .
- All information about H2020 is available on the European Commission website, in Czech on the website of the Technology Centre of the CAS and also on the MU Portal.
- Erasmus+ projects - EC calls and deadlines for Erasmus+ cooperation projects can be found here.
J. William Fulbright Commission
- The J. William Fulbright Commission is an intergovernmental Czech-American organisation established to promote educational, scientific and cultural exchanges between the Czech Republic and the USA through scholarship programmes and advisory and information services. The main focus of the Fulbright Commission's work is the administration of government scholarships and other programs for study, research and teaching in the U.S. for Czech citizens and vice versa for U.S. scholarship holders at academic institutions in the Czech Republic. The administration of the programs includes activities related to the selection process and the scholarship holders' stay in the U.S. or the Czech Republic. For more information, including current offers, please visit the Fulbright Commission' s website .
Other opportunities for international cooperation
Internment projects for faculty members
- An overview of possible sources of internalisation for faculty staff can be found here, including cooperation in the areas of mobility, partnership development and training, innovation, etc.
Grant Agency of the Czech Republic (GAČR)
- The Grant Agency has announced calls for project proposals for the Standard, JUNIOR STAR, POSTDOC INDIVIDUAL FELLOWSHIP, International and Lead Agency projects with an expected start date of 2024. The deadline for submission of projects on the GACR side is April 4, 2023. The faculty deadline for submission of final proposals in ISEP is April 29, 2023. For Ethics Committee approval, you need to fill in the proposal in ISEP and request approval by 6 March 2023. More detailed faculty information can be found in IS. Information about the calls on the GACCR website can be found here. The GACCR has prepared seminars on the above mentioned calls on 16 February in Prague and 1 March in Brno. For MU scientists, there is also an internal seminar on 27 Feb. GACR 24 and How to Apply for a Project Review by the Research Ethics Committee? The seminars will be held online and in person and registration is required.
- The Grant Agency has launched a call for submission of Slovenian-Czech projects on the principle of LA assessment with an expected start of the project in 2023. The Slovenian agency ARRS acts as LA and GACR as partner organization. The deadline on the Luxembourg side is 28 February 2023, the Czech part of the application can be submitted until 7 March 2023 at the latest. Projects submitted to this call will count towards the maximum number of project proposals submitted to the calls last year. Further information can be found on the GAČR website .
- The Grant Agency has launched a call for submission of Luxembourg-Czech projects on the principle of LA evaluation with an expected start date in 2024. The Luxembourg agency FNR acts as LA and the GACR as partner organisation. The deadline for the Luxembourg side is 20 April 2023, the Czech part of the application can be submitted until 27 April 2023 (within 7 days). Projects submitted to this call will count towards the maximum number of project proposals submitted to calls with an expected start date of 2024. For more information, please visit the GACR website .
- Currently, it is also possible to submit projects to international calls for LA grants with other countries, where the Grant Agency of the Czech Republic acts as a partner organisation. Deadline is governed by the rules of the foreign agency, now it is possible to submit proposals with Germany (continuous call), Austria (continuous call) and USA (continuous call). More detailed information can be found on the GACR website, on the MU Portal and faculty information in IS. On the GACR website you can also find a video tutorial on how to fill out a proposal in GRIS. We ask any interested parties to inform the project support for GACR Ing. Komárková as soon as possible.
- The Grant Agency has published opportunities to support Ukrainian scientists and students. It recommends to expand the existing research teams with scientists and students from Ukraine. It also encourages the proposers of this year's competitions to include Ukrainian scientists and students in the research teams and draws the attention of Ukrainian scientists to the possibility of participating in the current GACR competitions, especially POSTDOC INDIVIDUAL FELLOWSHIP INCOMING. Further information is available on the GACR website .
- The Grant Agency has published the Measures taken in the context of the covid-19 epidemic for projects in 2022. Further information is available on the GACR website .
Municipality of Brno (MMB)
Ministry of Culture (MK - NAKI)
Ministry of Youth, Education and Sports (MŠMT)
- ERC CZ - extension of the programme until 2032 (call announcement probably March/April 2023)
Ministry of the Interior (MoI)
Ministry of Health (MoH)
Technology Agency of the Czech Republic (TA CR)
- The Technology Agency of the Czech Republic has announced the 9th TREND - Newcomers public competition, the deadline for submission of proposals to TAČR is 11 January 2023. The deadline for submission of final proposals to FI is 5 January. If you are interested in this competition, please contact Ing. Komárková as soon as possible.
- The Technology Agency of the Czech Republic has newly established Rules of Mandatory Publicity, which must be followed by all TAČR beneficiaries and project promoters. More detailed information can be found on the TAČR website.
- The Technology Agency of the Czech Republic also has an open call for the BETA2 programme, which is a public procurement programme in applied research and innovation for the needs of the state administration. Detailed information on the programme can be found on the TAČR website.
- The Technology Agency of the Czech Republic also has open calls for CHIST-ERA (Information and Communication Sciences and Technologies, deadline 2 February 2023), ERA-MIN (Research in Non-energy Non-Agricultural Raw Materials, deadline 30 March 2023), QuantERA (Quantum Technologies, deadline 11 May 2023). Detailed information on the programmes can be found on the TAČR website.
MU Grant Agency (GAMU)
- GAMU has an open call HORIZONS - Support for the preparation of international grants. Applications for support are submitted on a rolling basis. Support is intended for costs associated with the preparation of extremely prestigious and important projects from international funders (e.g. European Commission programmes). For more information, please visit the GAMU - HORIZONS website or contact Jana Halámková at FI.
Specific university research
- The Rector of MU has announced a competition for Specific Undergraduate Research 2023. The deadline for submission of proposals is 31 October 2022. Proposals are submitted via the template in ISEP. Further information can be found here, or you can contact Jana Halámková at FI.
Faculty of Informatics MU - Student Research and Development Projects (FI Dean's Programme)
- The Dean of FI MU has announced a new call for Student Research and Development Projects. Proposals can be submitted until 9 December 2022. Proposals should be submitted electronically via ISEP only - for more information please visit the Student Research and Development Projects (FI Dean's Programme) page.
MU Internal Grant Agency - IGA MU
Department of Research Support, Projects and Cooperation with Industrial Partners