News on projectsHere you can find information about the current calls (open call) concerning the Faculty of Informatics. Further information can be found on our Research Fundingwebpage .Information not only about projects, grant calls, research at MU can be found on the MU Portal. The RMU Research Department publishes a Newsletter, where you can find information about ongoing and upcoming calls and events v/v, and also has a new project IMPROVE, which gives the MU Research Department more opportunities to provide information, organize workshops, assist in the preparation of the proposal and subsequent implementation of the project. Scientists can also use the Anlupa.cz application, which allows easy automatic search and monitoring of calls for research, experimental development and innovation projects announced by national and foreign grant providers.
We would like to ask those of you who are thinking about joining grant calls to inform us promptly by email at
vedaictRhMGn6@fiDlVfiruzy.muniA70PNL6AV.czor in person at the Research Support, Projects and Cooperation with Industrial Partners Department. Please allow approximately 7 working days prior to the funder's deadline for submission of proposals to the FI, unless otherwise stated for an individual call.
The Faculty of Informatics of MU became a recipient of the HR AWARD in April 2021, more information can be found on the Faculty's website. MU has also approved the Masaryk University Gender Equality Plan ( GEP), the link is available here .
- A workshop for researchers in English "AZV 2023 - workshop for researchers" will be organised on 26 May 2022 (online; 14:00-15:30), registration here.
MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowship -
The MU Rector's Office offers seminars and workshops to supervisors and MSCA PF candidates.
-MSCA Workshop to support your MSCA-PF proposal preparation (23-25 May 2022)
Registration is required.
- New information about upcoming MU events and seminars can be found, among other things, by logging in on the MU Portal and also on the IMPROVE website - calendar of events.
Currently open calls, information on reporting
Open call for
MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships (European Fellowships, Global Fellowships) - this is to support the all-round professional and career development of young researchers.
- The applicant must have defended his/her PhD by the deadline date at the latest and have a maximum of 8 years since obtaining the PhD.
- the applicant has spent a maximum of 12 months in the Czech Republic in the last 3 years
- max. duration of stay - European Fellowships max. 24 months, Global Fellowships max. 36 months.
Detailed information on the call is available on the EC portal.
Deadline for submission of proposals: 14 September 2022
MSCA Doctoral Networks, Industrial Doctorates or Joint Doctorates call open - this is to support doctoral programmes through partnerships between universities, research institutions and research infrastructures, enterprises (including SMEs), and other socio-economic actors from different countries in Europe and beyond.
- the consortium consists of at least 3 institutions from different countries; at least 1 partner must be an EU Member State
- max. 40% support per consortium member
- each partner must have at least 1 candidate
- the candidate must be enrolled in a doctoral programme in at least one EU Member State (in the case of Joint Doctorates, in at least two EU Member States)
- the candidate may be of any nationality but must not have resided in the territory of the 'Host Institution' for more than 12 months in the last 3 years.
- min. duration of stay is 3 months, max. 36 months
- total EU contribution for MSCA DN is max. 360 PM, for MSCA ID and MSCA JD is max. 540 PM
Detailed information on the call can be found on the EC portal.
Deadline for submission of proposals: 15 November 2022
Hop On call is open, which allows one additional partner from the so-called Widening Countries (i.e. including the Czech Republic) to join a consortium funded under the Pillar 2 clusters and the Horizon Europe Pillar 3 EIC Pathfinder projects with a signed grant agreement and without any other partner from the Widening Countries. The proposal for the accession of a new partner is submitted by the coordinator (after approval by the whole consortium).
- The new partner can increase the budget by up to EUR 0.2-0.5 million, of which a maximum of 10% can go to the coordinator
- deadlines for the collection of proposals (cut-off date) - 10.11.2022
- projects without representation of Widening countries are eligible for the increase; they will be published on the F&T portalon an ongoing basis
- The Faculty of Informatics of MU became a recipient of the HR AWARD in April 2021, more information can be found on the Faculty's website. MU also has an approved Gender Equality Plan/ Masaryk University Gender Equality Plan (GEP), link available here .
- Information about the new Horizon Europe programme and current calls can be found on the European Commission website, in Czech on the website of the Technology Centre of the CAS and also on the MU Portal. You can take advantage of RMU's consultancy and financial support when preparing your projects. For more information about international projects at FI, please contact Ms Jana Halámková .
- All information about H2020 is available on the European Commission website, in Czech on the website of the Technology Centre of the CAS and also on the MU Portal.
- Erasmus+ projects - EC calls and deadlines for Erasmus+ cooperation projects can be found here.
- The J. William Fulbright Commission is an intergovernmental Czech-American organization established to promote educational, scientific and cultural exchanges between the Czech Republic and the USA through scholarship programs and advisory and information services. The main focus of the Fulbright Commission's work is the administration of government scholarships and other programs for study, research and teaching in the U.S. for Czech citizens and vice versa for U.S. scholarship holders at academic institutions in the Czech Republic. The administration of the programs includes activities related to the selection process and the scholarship holders' stay in the U.S. or the Czech Republic. For more information, including current offers, please visit the Fulbright Commission's website .
- An overview of possible sources of internalisation for faculty members can be found here, including cooperation in the areas of mobility, partnership development and training, innovation, etc.
- The Grant Agency has published opportunities to support Ukrainian scientists and students. It recommends to expand the existing research teams with scientists and students from Ukraine. It also invites the proposers of this year's competitions to include Ukrainian scientists and students in the research teams and draws the attention of Ukrainian scientists to the possibility of participating in current GACR competitions, especially POSTDOC INDIVIDUAL FELLOWSHIP INCOMING. Further information is available on the GACRwebsite .
- The Grant Agency has published the Measures taken in the context of the covid-19 epidemic for projects in 2022. Further information is available on the GACRwebsite .
- It is now also possible to submit projects to international calls for LA grants with other countries, where the Czech Grant Agency acts as a partner organisation. Deadlines are governed by the rules of the foreign agency, and it is now possible to submit proposals with Switzerland (current deadline 1 October 2022), Germany (continuous call), Austria (continuous call) and USA (continuous call). More detailed information can be found on the GACR website, on the MU Portaland faculty information in IS. On the GACR website you can also find a video tutorial on how to fill out a proposal in GRIS. We ask any interested parties to inform the project support for GACR Ing. Komárková as soon as possible.
The Ministry of Education and Science has announced a public call for proposals in the INTER-EXCELLENCE II programme, sub-programme INTER-ACTION -
LUAUS23 (bilateral Czech-US projects). The call will accept proposals for joint Czech-US projects in the categories of basic research, industrial research or experimental development, focusing on all scientific areas with a duration of 3-5 years.
- The competition deadline is 25 July 2022.
- rate of support for research organisations 100%
- no maximum rate of support per project
- the applicant from the Czech Republic can be a research organisation, small, medium or large enterprise
- allocation 300 million CZK
- the deadline for delivery of the "signature page" for the Rector's signature is 18 July 2022 at the latest
Detailed information including RMU documents can be found in the IS.
The Ministry of Education and Science has announced the call for proposals for the
- Austria - the deadline for submission of proposals is 30 June 2022, The Ministry of Education and Science documents for the call are available on the Czech-Austrian projects website.
- France - the deadline for submission of proposals is 30 June 2022, The Ministry of Education and Science documents for the call are available on the Czech-French projects website.
- Germany - the deadline for submission of proposals is 30 June 2022. The MoEYS call documents are available on the Czech-German Projects website.
If any of you are considering submitting a proposal to these calls, please inform J. Halámková (
halamkovaR5dtwd1Rr@fid94rLDg8v.munijz8etWKFs.cz) as soon as possible.
- The Ministry of Education and the Max Planck Society announce a call for the establishment of DIOSCURI Centres of Scientific Excellence. Up to 3 centres can be supported within the Czech Republic. The deadline for applications is 25 July 2022. The expected duration of support is 5 years, the scope of support is EUR 300,000/year + mandatory co-financing of the institution EUR 25,000/year. The conditions of the call can be found at the MoEYS.
- The Ministry of Interior (MoI) has launched the 1st call for tenders of the Open Calls in Security Research 2023-2029 OPSEC (GC) programme with 3 sub-programmes - Sub-programme 1: Development of Law Enforcement Capabilities,Sub-programme 2: Crisis Preparedness of Security and Rescue Forces and Sub-programme 3: Resilient Society. The main objective of the Programme is to systematically stimulate and develop the research and innovation community's interest in engaging in addressing security challenges for modern society and thus form the basis for the development of competitive security innovations. The project proposal must be submitted only electronically via the provider's data mailbox. The deadline for submission of project proposals is 8 June 2022. Detailed information on the competition, including the call for proposals, can be found on the MoI website. If any of you are considering submitting a proposal to this programme, please inform the Project Department. FI as soon as possible.
- The Ministry of Health (MoH) has announced a call for tenders for the Programme for the Support of Health Applied Research for the years 2020 - 2026. The MoH's earmarked support is intended for applied research projects, i.e. projects designed to obtain new knowledge directed towards a specific, predetermined practical objective with a given application of the results in the health sector. Applied research in health care is aimed at solving problems related to the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of human diseases. The deadline for submission of project proposals is 29 June 2022. The deadline for submission of applications to the MU Ethics Committee is 2 June 2022. Detailed information on the competition, including the tender documentation, can be found on the MHwebsite . If any of you are considering submitting a proposal to this programme, please inform Ing. Komárková as soon as possible.
- The Technology Agency of the Czech Republic has published the schedule of calls for 2022.
- The subject of this call is to support international cooperation in the field of applied research through joint projects of Czech entities supported by TA ČR and foreign partners with expected support from foreign organisations. More detailed information about the competition can be found in the IS. The deadline for submission of proposals is 13 July 2022. If any of you are considering submitting a proposal to this programme, please inform Ing. Komárková as soon as possible.
- Currently announced 5th VS of the THÉTA programme. The main objective of the programme is to contribute to the vision of transformation and modernisation of the energy sector in line with the approved strategic materials. This objective will be achieved through the support of research, development and innovation projects in the energy sector that are aimed at improving the management of the energy sector by the public administration, new technologies and system elements with high potential for rapid application in practice as well as long-term technological perspectives. The deadline for submission of proposals is 27 July 2022. More detailed information about the competition can be found on the TAČR website or in the IS . If any of you are considering submitting a proposal to this programme, please inform, due to the holidays, Ing. Komárková as soon as possible.
- The Czech Technology Agency also has an open call for the BETA2 programme, which is a public procurement programme in applied research and innovation for the needs of the public administration. Detailed information on the programme can be found on the TAČR website.
- The Dean of FI MU has announced a new call for Student Research and Development Projects. Proposals can be submitted until 31 May 2022. Proposals should only be submitted electronically via ISEP - see the Student Research and Development Projects (FI Dean's Programme) page for more information.
- GAMU has an open call for HORIZONS - Support for the preparation of international grants. Applications for support are invited on a rolling basis.Support is for costs associated with the preparation of extremely prestigious and important projects from international funders (e.g. European Commission programmes). For more information please visit the GAMU - HORIZONS page.