Open Days for those interested in studying at the Faculty of Informatics MU
When? Actual offer of dates for the academic year 2019/20:
- 24. 10. 2019 Open Day 1
- 16. 12. 2019 Open Day 2
- 3. 2. 2020 Open Day 3
What does it look like on an open day?
Open Day Program 24. 10. 2019Fb event
Accompanying morning pre-program: IQ testing - Mensa ČR
Did you know that candidates with an IQ score of 130 or more may be admitted to FI MU without entrance examinations ? Verify your fulfillment of the criterion by an hour test that you will perform in Room A318 at FI. Registration on Mensa ČR website required: 9am - 10am 10 am - 11 pm , 11 am - 12 pm
12: 30–13: 00 Registration (entrance hall FI) - you will receive information materials about FI MU. You can chat with existing FI students and student representatives Nordic game friends association . There will also be representatives of the Study Department of FI MU , ready for individual consultations. Throughout the Open Day, the Study Department will also be open to all visitors for questions.
13: 00–13: 50 Presentation on study opportunities followed by discussion - study at FI MU will be presented to you by prof. Jiří Barnat, vice-dean for study programs. You will get answers to the questions: What is specific about FI MU? What programs can be studied here what subjects to combine? What to watch out for during your studies? How to apply ? What are the options to travel ? What awaits you when you finish school?
13: 50–16: 20 Excursions to laboratories and locations of faculty partners - After division into smaller groups, current FI students will take you on a tour of the faculty and its science and technology park. You can also ask them anything.
- Joint presentation in cooperation with Red Hat as an industrial partner of the Faculty and laboratories
CRoCS (Center for Research on Cryptography and Security). You will learn what security issues the CRoCS laboratory is dealing with, how you can participate in the study of open source projects during your studies, be it during the bachelor thesis, collaboration on laboratory research projects or internship.
- How can an image be broken down into pixels, how close it looks to pixels, and how can it be used? How can a damaged image or video be repaired, how can we use mathematics to usefully illustrate image properties that are otherwise incomprehensible to humans? How does image and video compression work? Group
CBIA it brings together experts in the fields of computer science, mathematics and physics, but also biology and medicine to monitor cell behavior, which is used for proper diagnosis and treatment of diseases and drug efficacy.
- What does linguistics have in common with computer science? Natural language processing. Laboratory activity
NLP Karel Pepper will introduce you to you. He creates intelligent computer programs here without Google or Seznam.cz. It develops programs that will understand a person, suggest to them in search engines, translate texts, automatically respond, create language analyzes and analyze large packages of text data.
LEMMA we develop applications and technologies for processing large data collections including multimedia (digital libraries, film production and postproduction). LEMMA is a playground where various disciplines intersect and projects for practice come into being in three areas: production of multimedia content (tradition of film festivals, festival.fi.muni.cz), information retrieval (in digital libraries of the arXiv type, etc.), machine methods learning (walking recognition).
- Where is the line between man and computer? Find out what our students are doing during their studies and find yourself in a different reality for a while. IN
HCILAB we use technologies such as virtual and augmented reality, Motion Capture, 3D printing or brain-computer interfaces to develop new methods of human-computer interaction. Together with experts from other disciplines, we test these new methods in a variety of areas, including: patient health monitoring, digitization of cultural heritage, or game development.
- In the lab
EmLab not only our people are waiting for yours, but also robots or a drone. You will learn how such electronics around us program and control. Find out how to detect neutrons and gamma rays around us and what the people of EmLab are working with nuclear scientists. The laboratory is equipped with measuring technology and contemporary technical and software tools for application of FPGA programmable arrays, single-chip microprocessors and DSP processors. It focuses on the study, development and application of embedded systems focused on unique, single-purpose applications.
- Are you interested in powerful calculations, storage of large amounts of data (PB or more), high-speed networks (40 Gbps and more) and what can be done with such technologies? Interested in state-of-the-art visualization technology, high-definition (8K) multimedia, and how to transfer data? Are you interested in how to program and control the most powerful systems with the latest graphics cards or thousands of processes? Then there is a faculty laboratory for you
SITOLA the best place to start.
- We connect the latest scientific knowledge with sharp practice. An example is the Cyber Polygon Project (
KYPO ), a unique virtual environment for simulating cyberattacks and large cyber exercises used in the subjects we teach. Students of FI MU have a unique opportunity to try everything.
- In the lab
DISA (Data Intensive Systems and Application) we teach machines to efficiently process large volumes of multimedia data (images, videos, motions, biometric data, etc.), using their double similarities. In a short presentation and subsequent demonstration of web applications, candidates will learn about the main challenges associated with big data and similarity searches.
- How does IoT help solve everyday life problems? Why do devices need to exchange data with each other? IN
Lasaris you have a unique opportunity to learn more about Arduino Smart Technology, which will be explained in various examples (automatic street lighting, smart home, RFID reader / tag communication). Come and talk to us about our other research areas, such as Smart Infrastructures, Cyber Security and Big Data.
- Virtual reality in 2019.
- On the seventh floor you can see a little different data analysts - Mycroft Mind analyzes technical data from large infrastructures such as power distribution networks or production lines. With the partner company SmarterInstruments it also solves the possibilities of displaying analytical outputs on a holographic display, which you can try.
- At PEKAT VISION, we have developed software for industrial use that is able to automatically detect anomalies and defects in products using advanced artificial intelligence.
16:20 - supposed end. We look forward to your visit!
The whole event will be recorded by a faculty photographer.
During Open Day forms will be available to confirm your participation in the event.
More information and brochures for download
Web with study programs:
On FI without receivers ,
Individual excursions and other activities for secondary schools
Brochure Information on studies at the Faculty of Informatics (CZ, 2019, 1.4 MB PDF) ke download .
Research Areas and Laboratories brochure (EN, 2018, 4.4 MB PDF) ke download .
studijniqGPUIRaNs@fiKCy2ePiKN.muniV3VxAwE6a.cz (preferred contact, for specific inquiries or for sending brochures by mail)
Telephone: +420 54949 1818
propagaceW1C6qRcm8@fi8VUDfA3tr.muniJwAH=X4FN.cz (for those interested in excursions)
Telephone: +420 54949 6282
Follow Facebook: FI.MUNI.CZ , Instagram: @fi_muni , Twitter: @fi_muni