Open House Days for those interested in studying at the Faculty of Informatics MU
As? Last Year's Video:
Open Day Program February 1, 2019
Accompanying morning program: IQ testing - Mensa ČR
Candidates with an IQ of 130 or more may be admitted without entrance exams . Verify that the criterion is fulfilled by a one-hour test in A318 FI. Registration on Menza ČR website: 9:30 - 10:30 , 10: 30-11: 30 , 11: 30–12: 30 .
12: 30–13: 00 Registration (FI foyer) - you will receive information about FI MU. You can also continue to the Lecture Hall D3 where you can chat informally with existing FI students. There will also be representatives of the FI MU Study Division , ready for individual consultations. Throughout the Open Day, the Study Department will be open to all visitors for inquiries.
13: 00–13: 50 Presentation of study possibilities with subsequent discussion - prof. Jiří Barnat, vice-dean for study programs. You will get answers to the questions: What is FI MU specific? What programs can be studied here , what subjects to combine? What to watch for during your studies? How to apply ? What are the options to travel ? What can you expect when you finish school?
14: 30–15: 30 Presentation of newly accredited programs for those interested in Master Program . Suitable for existing FI MU students as well as applicants from other schools.
13: 55-16: 20 Laboratory and VTP Excursions - Presented by current FI students, who will informally ask you anything. The list of locations is indicative and will be specified.
- Joint presentation of Red Hat as a faculty industrial partner and lab
CRoCS (Center for Research on Cryptography and Security). You will learn how to collaborate on open source code security projects, whether in bachelor's work, collaboration on laboratory research projects, or internships.
- How can an image be broken into pixels as the pixels look close and how can it be used? How can a damaged image or video be corrected, how can we use mathematics to usefully portray image properties that are otherwise incomprehensible to humans? Lab
CBIA interested in biomedical image. It associates experts in informatics, mathematics and physics, as well as biology and medicine, which investigate cell behavior, which is used for proper diagnosis and treatment of diseases and drug efficacy.
- What does linguistics have to do with informatics? Natural language processing. In labu
NLP is creating intelligent computer programs, without which you need Google or seznam.cz. It develops programs that will help you understand, whisper in search engines, translate texts, automatically respond, create language analyzes, and analyze large word data packages.
LEMMA we develop applications and technologies for processing large data collections, including multimedia (digital libraries, film production and film postproduction). LEMMA is a course where various disciplines blend together and projects are developed for practice, in three areas: information retrieval (in digital libraries, arXiv, etc.), machine learning methods (walking recognition), multimedia content production (film festival tradition, festival. fi.muni.cz).
- Where is the boundary between man and computer? Find out what our students are doing during their studies and find themselves in a different reality for a while. In HCILAB we develop new methods for human-computer interaction. For this we use technologies such as: virtual and augmented reality, motion capture, 3D printing or brain-computer interface. Together with experts from other sciences, we are testing these new methods in a variety of areas, including: patient health monitoring, digitization of cultural heritage, smart office project, or serious games
- In the lab
EmLab Not only our people, but also robots or drones await yours. You will learn how such electronics around us program and control. You will find out how to detect neutrons and gamma rays around us and what people from EmLab work with nuclear scientists. The laboratory is equipped with measuring technology and current technical and program tools for application of FPGA programmable arrays, single-chip microprocessors and DSP processors. It focuses on the study, development and application of embedded systems focused on unique, dedicated applications.
- Are you interested in powerful calculations, storage of large volumes (PB and more) of data, high-speed networks (40 Gbps and more) and what can be done with such technologies? Are you interested in top visualization technology, multimedia in high resolution (8K) and how to transfer data? Whether you are interested in how to program and control the most powerful systems with the latest graphics cards or thousands of processes? Then the SITOLA lab is the best place to start.
- We combine the latest scientific knowledge with sharp practice. An example is the Cyber Polygon project (
KYPO ), a unique virtual environment for cyber-attack simulation and large cyber exercises used in the subjects we teach. FI MU students have a unique opportunity to try everything.
- In the lab
DISA (Data Intensive Systems and Application) teaches machines to efficiently process large volumes of multimedia data (images, videos, movements, biometric data, etc.) using their double similarity. In a short presentation and a follow-up demonstration of web applications, those interested will learn about the major challenges associated with big data and similarity searches.
Atelier provides interdisciplinary education in graphic design, focusing primarily on digital media. It deals with topics such as generative design programming, application creation for interactive media, animation, video, 3D digital modeling and 3D printing, e-publishing, web design, font creation, game creation and interactive information graphics.
- How does the Internet of Things (IoT) solve daily life problems? Why is it necessary for devices to exchange data with each other? IN
Lasaris you have a unique opportunity not only to learn more about Arduino Smart Technology, which will be explained on various examples (automatic street lighting, smart home, RFID reader / tag communication), but you can also create your first IoT project with Arduino.
Kentico: From Diploma on Android TV to Dream Work
He went to the Kentico Academy, wrote a great final work and is now a successful developer in Kentico software. Come and inspire yourself with the story and tips of Juraj Bielik!
Good Data: Barbora Kompišová - About work in studying, operating systems and automation
16:20 - supposed end. We look forward to your visit!
The whole event will be recorded by a faculty photographer. If necessary, the Study Department will issue a certificate of attendance to the study cards that have been provided.
Learn more and download brochures
Web with study programs:
On FI without receivers ,
Individual excursions and other activities for secondary schools
Brochure Information on Studies at the Faculty of Informatics (CZ, 2018, 1.8 MB PDF) ke download .
Research Areas and Laboratories brochure (EN, 2018, 4.4 MB PDF) download .
studijnif-bO51rf2@finEhGFs3KI.muniv3speIhX1.cz (preferred contact, for specific inquiries or for mailing brochures)
Telephone: +420 54949 1818
propagaceHwr=45_TS@fiv-97hc6Ui.muniLwPd7_3dR.cz (for those interested in excursions)
Telephone: +420 54949 6282
Watch Facebook: FI.MUNI.CZ , Instagram: @fi_muni , Twitter: @fi_muni