Bachelor study 2020/2021
Bachelor degree programs are intended for applicants with secondary education completed by school-leaving examination. Candidates are required to complete Test of study prerequisites (hereinafter referred to as “TSP”) at MU, or request a waiver of the entrance examination.
The TSP examines the candidate's ability to study successfully. It is a test of verbal, numerical, analytical and critical thinking, spatial imagination and cultural insight.
The test is common for Computer Science and Application Programming and Development and Computer Science in Education.
The Informatics in Education program is only available in the minor version. The tribal faculty is a Faculty of Science and the admission to this study program must satisfy the admission conditions set by this faculty.Applicants for single-subject Informatics or Programming and Application Development will be exempted from the entrance examination if they have been designated as the first priority, have not previously enrolled in a Bachelor's degree at FI MU and will duly demonstrate compliance with any of the following criteria:
Exemption of entrance examination
- the result of the National Comparative Examination of General Study Prerequisites (General Study Prerequisites in Czech, General Study Prerequisites in Slovak) held at the latest by the TSP date, including between 20% of the best,
- the result of the National Comparative Examination in Mathematics held by the date of the TSP, including between 40% of the best,
- at least 580 points in the SAT I test in mathematics,
- Advanced Placement (AP) exam result from a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) subject at level 4 or 5
- Mensa ČR or Mensa SR standardized IQ entry test for adults is at least IQ 130,
- successful passing of the maturitní zkouška in MATEMATICS + in the Czech Republic with excellent or commendable results,
- Successful investigator of at least the district round (ie if the competition does not have a district round, the regional round or higher is considered) of the secondary school competition in the
Czech Republic included in the Program of Excellence from the following list: Mathematical Olympiad (categories A, B, P) Physical Olympiad (Category A, B), Chemical Olympiad (Category A, B), Astronomical Olympiad (Category A, B), Biological Olympiad (Category A, B), Logic Olympiad (Category C), Programming Competition (Category SS - programming languages youth, high school - web programming)
or successful solver of at least regional round of secondary school competition in Slovakia from the following list: Mathematical Olympiad (category A), Olympics in Informatics (category A), Physical Olympiad (categories A, B), Chemical Olympiad (category A), Biological Olympiad (category) A), ZENIT in programming (category A, Web Developer, Graphic Designer)
- successful researcher of the regional round of Secondary vocational school (SOČ) in the fields of mathematics and statistics; physics; chemistry; electrotechnics, electronics telecommunications; informatika.,
- successful solver correspondence seminar from Informatics organized by FI MU.
Only the results realized in 2018 (except IQ - unlimited) and later can be taken into account in all criteria.
Applicants meeting any of the above criteria wishing to waive the entrance examination must apply for such waiver in writing, and written request to be delivered to the Study Department of FI at the deadline. If the request is granted, it will be informed in writing of the decision. The required documents for the application of the individual criteria will be specified on the FI website. Applicants for waiver of the examination shall send a written application to the Study Department so that it is delivered by 29 February 2019, even if the applicant submits the required documents for the application of any criterion after this deadline, but no later than 17 April 2020.
Applicants with a documented serious physical disability may, in appeal proceedings, take into account the suitability of admission with regard to the candidate's future employment.
Expected numbers of admitted students
- Computer science - 350
- Major Informatics - 20
- Minor Informatics - 20
- Programming and application development
- Informatics in Education - 20 - is available only in the minor version, apply to the Faculty of Science of MU (in combination with Biology, Physics, Geography and Cartography or Mathematics - all with a focus on education).
Application deadlines: 1 November 2019 - 29 February 2020
Approved by the Academic Senate of the Faculty of Informatics MU on 18 June 2019.
Test of study prerequisitesUnified term for TSP in Brno: April 25 and April 26, 2020 (Saturday - Sunday).
TSP dates in other cities will be published and the candidate will be able to choose the date and venue in their e-application within the capacity options.
If an applicant applies to more than one field (or faculty) of MU, he / she will pass the test only once in a given year; results will be counted against all applications for which TSP is relevant.Information about the Learning Prerequisites Test
Enter the e-application filing an e-application
University-wide contact address and telephone for admissions:
prihlaska3lrVyemmQ@muniWHtgN6NWG.cz , 54949 1130.