Bachelor study 2021/2022
Bachelor's degree programs are intended for applicants with a high school diploma. Applicants are required to complete Test of study prerequisites (hereinafter referred to as “TSP”) at MU, or request a waiver of the entrance examination.
The TSP examines the applicant's ability to study successfully. It is a test of verbal, numerical, analytical and critical thinking, spatial imagination and cultural insight.
The test is common for the programs Informatics, Programming and application development, Cybersecurity and Informatics in education.
The Informatics in Education program is listed only in the minor variant. The core faculty is the Faculty of Science and for admission to this study program, applicants must meet the conditions for admission set by this faculty.
Applicants for the single-subject study of Informatics, Programming and Application Development or Cybersecurity will be exempted from the entrance examination if they have this study marked as the first priority, have not been previously enrolled for bachelor's studies at FI MU and duly document the fulfillment of any of the following criteria:
Waiver of the entrance exam
- the result of the National Comparative Examination of General Study Prerequisites (General Study Prerequisites in Czech, General Study Prerequisites in Slovak) held no later than the date of the TSP, including between the best 20%,
- the result of the National Comparative Examination in Mathematics held no later than the date of the TSP, including between 40% of the best,
- the result of the SAT I mathematics test is at least 580 points,
- result in AP (Advanced Placement) exam from some subject in the field of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) at level 4 or 5,
- the result in the standardized entrance test IQ for adults performed by Mensa ČR or Mensa SR corresponds to at least IQ 130 and at the same time the study average at secondary school for the last 4 years of all subjects at the end of the school year (for the last year the result is calculated in half) worse than 1.3,
- finalist of the Secondary School Competition in Cyber Security (organized by AFCEA, https: //www.kybersoutez.cz/),
- successful solver of at least the district round (ie if the competition does not have a district round, the regional round or higher is considered) of secondary school professional competitions in the
Czech Republic included in the Excellence program of secondary schools from the following list: Mathematical Olympiad (categories A, B, P), Physics Olympiad (categories A, B), Chemistry Olympiad (categories A, B), Astronomical Olympiad (categories A, B), Biological Olympiad (categories A, B), Logic Olympiad (category C), Programming competition (category SŠ - programming languages youth, high school - web programming)
or a successful solver of at least the regional round of a secondary school competition in Slovakia from the following list: Mathematical Olympiad (category A), Informatics Olympiad (category A), Physical Olympiad (categories A, B), Chemical Olympiad (category A), Biological Olympiad (category A) A), ZENIT in programming (category A, Web Developer, Graphic Designer)
- successful researcher of the regional round of Secondary School Professional Activities (SOČ) in the fields of mathematics and statistics; physics; chemistry; electrical engineering, electronics telecommunications; informatics,
- successful solver correspondence seminar in informatics organized by FI MU.
Only results implemented in 2019 and later can be taken into account in all criteria (except IQ).
Candidates meeting any of the above criteria who are interested in waiving the entrance examination must apply for waiver in writing and written request to be delivered on time to the FI study department. If the request is granted, he will be notified of this decision in writing. The documents required for the application of the individual criteria will be specified on the FI website and the application form. The applicant for the waiver of the examination will send a written application to the study department (in case it is not necessary to provide an officially verified attachment, just insert it in the e-application) so that it is delivered by 28 February 2021, even if the candidate provides the required documents for the application of a criterion only after this deadline, but no later than 16 April 2021.
In the case of applicants with a documented serious physical disability, the suitability of the admission with regard to the applicant's future employment may be taken into account in the appeal proceedings.
Estimated numbers of admitted students
- Informatics single - subject - 400
- Informatics major - 20
- Informatics minor - 20
- Application programming and development - 200
- Cybersecurity - 80
- Informatics in Education - 20 - we list only in a minor variant, submit applications to the Faculty of Science MU (in combination with Biology, Physics, Geography and Cartography or Mathematics - all with a focus on education).
Deadlines for submission of applications: 1 November 2020 - 28 February 2021
Approved by the Academic Senate of the Faculty of Informatics, MU on July 22, 2020.
Test of study prerequisites
Uniform date for TSP in Brno: April 24 and 25, 2021 (Saturday - Sunday). TSP dates in other cities will be published and the applicant will have the opportunity to choose the date and place in his e-application within the capacity options.
If an applicant applies for more than one field (or faculty) of MU, he / she takes the test only once in a given year; the results will be included in all applications for which TSP is relevant.
University-wide contact address and telephone number for admission matters:
prihlaskaRQStOfXvl@muniebOltuVe0.cz , 54949 1130.