The general content and form of entrance tests
The entrance tests examine the applicant's ability to study a follow-up Master's programme at the Faculty of Informatics successfully. Multiple-choice test consists of questions concerning basic knowledge in Computer Science and in Mathematics, and it takes the form of single-choice from the five options offered. The correct answer is attributed to one point, the incorrect answer is deducted by 0.25 points; for multiple selected answers or no answer counts zero points.
Thematic areas for the admission exam:
- Algorithms and data structures (algorithm complexity, sorting algorithms, basic abstract data structures and their implementation).
- Programming (coding and interpretation of a program in a common imperative programming language or pseudocode, principles of object-oriented programming, main principles of imperative and object-oriented programming languages) and the basics of software engineering.
- Databases (relational data model, normal forms, SQL, applications).
- Computer Networks (connection-less networks, ISO OSI and TCP/IP models, functions, addressing and basic protocols of particular levels, switching and routing in an IP network, applications).
- Principles of computer systems (numerical systems in computer practice, processors, memories, operating system, peripheral devices).
- Graphs and graph algorithms (chart types and data structures, spacing in charts, chart connectivity, trees, chart searching, chart frame).
- Sets, relations, functions (Cartesian product, power set, arrangement, equivalence, bijection) and logic (propositional and predicate logic, syntax and semantics, feasibility, equivalence of formulas).
- Mathematical analysis (function analysis, limits, derivations, integrals).
- Linear algebra (operations with matrices, linear mapping, solutions of systems of linear equations).
- Probability and descriptive statistics (elementary combinatorics, conditional probability, distribution of random variables, mean value, median, dispersion, correlation).
Assessment of entrance tests
Only the response form is used to evaluate the entrance exam, which is scanned by a computer and electronically processed anonymously. The response form is identified by the assigned identification number (application number), which will be sent to the applicant electronically in the invitation for the entrance exam. The determining factor for success in entrance exams is the percentile calculated on the basis of the number of the correct answers in the entrance tests and the test´s version that the applicant wrote. The percentile expresses how many percent of the applicants have lower or equal performance.
Tests from previous years
- autumn 2019: informatics, mathematics
- autumn 2018: informatics, mathematics
- autumn 2017: informatics, mathematics
- autumn 2016: informatics, mathematics
- autumn 2015: informatics, mathematics
- autumn 2014: informatics, mathematics
- autumn 2013: informatics, mathematics
- autumn 2012: informatics, mathematics