Aisa.fi.muni.cz is a Dell PowerEdge R930 computer with the following configuration:
- 4 16-core Intel® Xeon® Processor E7-8860 v3 operating at 2200 MHz (3200 MHz turbo)
- Each core has a 256 KiB L2 cache
- Each processor has 40 MiB of shared L3 cache
- Four 480 GB SSDs in a RAID 10 configuration, ie 0.96 TB of logical capacity
- It is connected to the network at a speed of 10 Gbit / s full-duplex
- 512 GiB RAM in thirty-two PC4-17000 modules
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 7 operating system
The computer is physically located in the air-conditioned hall of the data center of the Faculty of Informatics.
Every FI student and teacher has an account on this computer. The computer is the primary student server, which can be connected via SSH or via Mosh .
Users mount the home directory from the fileserver
home.fi.muni.cz , as well as at other stations in the computer hall and classrooms. The user, no matter where he is sitting, always has the same home directory.
Please keep in mind that this is a shared machine, which is not primarily intended for more complex calculations. For more info see performing calculations .
Origin of the name
Aisa name comes from Greek mythology: Aisa (second fall Aisy) - one of the goddesses of fate. She usually considered herself the goddess of fate, the architect of which is man himself.
Vojtěch Zamarovský: Gods and Heroes of Ancient Myths