- The main purpose of the internship is to gain real work experience.
- You will receive 20 credits for successful completion.
- To complete the internship, you must complete three steps:
- Find an internship
- Fill in the internship proposal and ask for approval
- Insert protocol of acceptance
- Attach interim documentation
- Conclude the internship by submitting the final documentation
Find an internship
Find a job that interests you and is related to the ICT field. The position must meet the job requirement.
Remember, you must work in an office with colleagues for at least half of the internship period and complete no more than half from a home office.
Find a job
- Start your search approximately 3 months in advance. If you don't know, keep an eye on the FI MUNI Industry Partners Association job posting and the Job Postings folder in the course materials, sign up for JobCheckIN, Jobs, Indeed, LinkedIn, and more.
- TIP: The recruiter advises you to create a LinkedIn profile.
- You can also do an internship abroad using Erasmus and other programmes, or as a freemover - your own agreement and finances.
- Register for SB200 - Undergraduate Internship - Cybersecurity and thoroughly familiarize yourself with the information in the course syllabus.
We recommend combining two responsibilities into one, and writing an undergraduate thesis in a company in addition to the internship. Some of the most experienced and supportive companies in this regard include Red Hat, InQool, Oracle, and Monet+.
You will complete the SB200 internship in one semester. You can start your Fall semester internship no earlier than July 1, and your Spring semester internship no earlier than Jan. 1. Proposals can be uploaded to the folder in Study Materials in advance; email questions directly to the coordinator. You will work for 12 weeks at one institution. The internship must be at least half completed during the instructional period of the semester in which it is enrolled. You must upload a completed internship proposal to the appropriate folder in Study Materials - NO LATER THAN 14 DAYS FROM THE INTERSHIP START D ATE and also no later than five days before the end of the course change period. You will then apply in IS for approval to register the course.
Successfully complete the internship
- After enrolling in the course, you will submit an Acceptance Report signed by a company representative through the Submission Office.
- Evaluate your work continuously, you will learn more and writing a technical report will be much easier for you.
- During the internship you will deliver documents, you will find their outline and form in the Course Study Materials: the .xlsx Statement of Work and the Interim Internship Report.
- If there are any problems with the internship and you are in danger of not fulfilling the requirements, contact the coordinator.
Close the internship
The internship ends with the submission of the final technical report (outline in the Study Materials of the chosen course), the complete report and the formulation of all experiences in a presentation. The completion report will be confirmed by the supervisor for the company.
Do I only have to choose from SPP member companies?
No, you can find a job in any company that deals with IT, it is even possible to do an internship abroad.
Are there any restrictions on the company?
Yes, you will not be approved for an internship if a conflict of interest is identified (for example: the sponsor is a brother or the owner is a parent, etc.). You also cannot do the internship as a self-employed person, even so there are enough legal forms to choose from.
Where can I find out more about internships?
Directly next to the course for the following term you will find both the forms and the Information and timetable presentation, where everything relevant is available, even though you may not have registered for the course yet. What you don't find, you can address directly with the coordinator.
Not sure how to find a job?
You can use the services of the
and JobCheckIN MU
Internships have taken place for example: