Web analytics Matomo
If you run a website as part of your FI activities (it does not necessarily have to be under the domain
fi.muni.cz or on a dedicated domain), we can provide you with tracking using web analytics
Matomo (formerly named Piwik) operated on FI.
I am interested in deployment
If you are interested in monitoring the website using the Matomo faculty instance, send us to
webmasteri=9ESg3=r@fiPW4ldeZi9.muniyyvcnVrOm.cz to assess the reasoned application and attach directly the answers to the following questions:
- Enter the URL of the site
- does the site have alternative domain names? (difference between
www.domain.tlddoes not matter)
- do you also want to track fragment navigation / anchors? (
- do you want to exclude some address ranges from tracking? (in case they distort the statistics)
- do you want to ignore some URL parameters? (we recommend ignoring
fbclid, otherwise Matomo will treat the same URL with a different Facebook tracking parameter as different, which is almost certainly not desirable)
- do you want to import data from GA if the site used it before?
- does web search support? if so, what is the parameter name for the query (and possibly for the category)?
- Which faculty accounts should have the right to look at the analytics of this site?
How do I get to Matomo
Request access to existing web analytics
webmasterONcO1nsCW@fikfoNZuOJl.munijcb9sePBe.cz through the administrator of the site.
Use faculty login details to log in.
If you start with Matomo:
- in the top panel you can set the period for which the data is displayed (note that Matomo displays data for yesterday by default)
- Remember that if you use DNT , add-ons for blocking ads (uBlock Origin, AdBlock, ...) or to increase privacy, Matomo may not be able to record your visits
- Visitors → Visitors Log = examples of specific site visits
- Visitors → Locations = geolocation of visitors by IP address
- Visitors → Real-time Map = real-time preview of web accesses
- Behavior → Pages = statistics of page accesses by URL
- Behavior → Page titles = allows error analysis (404, 403, etc.) if this option is set in the tracking code on the web
- Behavior → Site Search = web search
- Acquisition → Search Engines & Keywords = what search engine queries lead to the web (eg "what is computer graphics")