Software Engineering Internship
- The main purpose of the internship is to gain real work experience.
- You will receive 16 credits for successfully completing the internship.
- To successfully complete the internship, you must complete the following sub-steps:
- Find an internship
- Fill in the internship proposal and ask for approval
- Insert protocol of acceptance
- Attach interim documentation
- Conclude the internship by submitting the final documentation
Find an internship
First, in the 3rd semester of your SWE program, find a job opportunity that interests you and is related to the ICT field. The focus of the internship should correspond to one of the following: software systems or mobile application development, software engineer, UI/UX or frontend developer, database systems architect, tester, DevOps engineer. In the company, the student must have a supervisor who meets the requirement of a university degree (MSc/Ing.) and a minimum of three years of experience in the field of the internship.
- Start your search approximately 3 months in advance. If you don't know, keep an eye on the FI MUNI Industrial Partners Association offer, the current offer appears in the CAP folder, and the Job Offer folder in the Course Study Materials.
- You can also do your internship abroad and take advantage of Erasmus and other programmes, or as a freemover - your own agreement and finances.
- Useful tip: recruiters advise you to create a LinkedIn profile
Register for SA200 Internship - SWE. Before the start of the internship - preferably before you start work, but within 14 days of the first internship date - upload a completed internship proposal to the Completed Internship Proposals folder in the Study Materials and ask IS for approval to register for the course at the time of enrolment (see Hamonogram of the semester).
Successfully complete the internship
- At that time after enrolling in the course, submit an Acceptance Report signed by a company representative through the Submissions Office.
- Evaluate your work continuously, you will learn more and writing a technical report will be much easier for you.
- During the internship you will deliver documents, the outline and form of which can be found in the Course Study Materials: the .xlsx statement of work and the Interim Internship Report.
- If there are any problems with the internship and you are in danger of not meeting the requirements, contact the administrator immediately!
Close the internship
The internship ends with the submission of a final technical report (outline in the Study Materials of the chosen course), a complete report and the formulation of all experiences in a presentation. The completion report will be confirmed by the supervisor for the company.
Do I have to choose only from SPP member companies?
No, you can find a job in any company that deals with IT, it is even possible to do an internship abroad.
Are there any restrictions on the company?
Yes, you will not be approved for an internship if a conflict of interest is identified (for example: the sponsor is a brother or the owner is a parent, etc.). You also cannot do the internship as a self-employed person, even so there are enough legal forms to choose from.
Where can I find out more about internships?
Directly next to the course for the following term you will find both the forms and the Information and timetable presentation, where everything relevant is available, even though you may not have registered for the course yet. What you don't find, you can address directly with the coordinator.
On the Day with CAP - 24.11. there will be
Internship booth in the lobby,
come and find out more
between 11:30 and 12:30.
- FNUSA IT
- ZPA Smart Energy Trutnov
- SOLAR WINDS
- EmbedIT positions
- ÚVT jobs
- INVASYS job
- ARTIN jobs
- KYNDRYL jobs