Most of this page has been . Only Czech version will be used at the state exam: English version only serves the basic informative purpose to those not mastering Czech.
Computer networks and communications
- Graphs and graph algorithms. Formation of basic graph terms, representation of graphs. Graph relation, color, planar graphs. Algorithms (including complexity): searching the chart to width and depth, shortest distances, skeletons, network flows.
- Algorithms and data structures. Complexity analysis, amortized complexity. Algorithm design techniques (divide and dominate, dynamic programming, hungry strategies). Advanced data structures (heap, union-find structures). String algorithms (Karp-Rabin, KMP, Boyer-Moore algorithms, finite automata).
- Computer networks. Layers of network models, their functionality and synergy, standardization. Network layer protocols, advanced IPv6 properties, addressing, address space division. Routing: router architecture, family of routing protocols, MPLS and TE. Transport protocols: UDP, TCP mechanisms and variants, transport protocols for high latency high-speed networks.
- Cryptography. Using Basic Symmetric Algorithms (AES), mode of operation of block ciphers. Using basic asymmetric algorithms (RSA, DSA). Basic cryptographic protocols. Public Key Management, Certification Authority, and Public Key Infrastructure.
- Security and Authorization. Authentication of users in computer systems. IPsec protocol and its properties. Wireless security, WEP, WPA, 802.1x. Internet security. Authorization, principles. Binding authentication and authorization. Security policies, safety management.
- Distributed systems. Synchronous and asynchronous systems, compliance problem. Choice in a distributed environment. Termination detection. Parallel computers, basic principles, interconnection networks and their structure. Gridy, OGSA. Effective programming methodology.
- Statistics. Probability theory, random variables and their probability distribution, Discrete and continuous random variables, examples of different types of layouts. Stochastically independent random variables, a sequence of independent repeated attempts. Basic concepts. Law of large numbers and central limit theorem. Fundamentals of statistical hypothesis testing, interpretation of test results.
- Self-organizing networks. Ad-hoc and sensor networks: architecture, features, self-organization principle, environmental access protocols, nonreactive and proactive routing methods. Application. P2P networks: types of architectures, breakdown by different criteria, P2P routing, selected P2P systems.
- Network technology. Wireless network technologies, frequency, modulation, spectrum spreading, cellular and other organizations. Media Access Protocols. Optical networks, principles, protocols and components.
- Multimedia and collaborative environments. Multimedia Technology. Input / output multimedia device, analog and digital signal conversion. Collaborative environment, audio / video interpersonal communication, content sharing. Audio and video distribution, multicast, multimedia messaging security. Video conferencing, tools and principles.