55th Czech-Slovak Conference on Graph Theory 2020
The 55th Czech-Slovak Conference on Graph Theory 2020 will take place from August 17 to 20, 2020 in Brno. The original time (May 25 to 28) and location (Ledeč nad Sázavou) have been revised due to the coronavirus pandemic. The scientific program will start on Monday, August 17, in the morning and conclude on Thursday, August 20, in the early afternoon; the arrival of participants is expected on Sunday evening. The scope of the conference includes all topics related to graph theory. The DIMEA Days 2020, which were supposed to take place the two days following the conference, has been rescheduled to the late fall 2020.
During the conference, all regulations introduced by the Czech government in response to the coronavirus pandemic will be observed. This may include seating during the talks with a sufficient separation between participants, wearing facemasks (or an alternative nose and mouth cover), holding breaks outdoors, etc. The organizing committee reserves the right to close the registration early in case the maximum safe number of participants is to be exceeded.
- Jan Ekstein (UWB Pilsen): General structures of graphs with hamiltonian or hamiltonian connected square
- Marián Klešč (TU Košice): The crossing numbers of graph products
- Irena Penev (Charles University, Prague): Coloring certain even-hole-free graphs
- Dieter Rautenbach (Ulm): Approximating induced and acyclic matchings
- Jozef Skokan (LSE): Clique factors in randomly perturbed graphs
- Jan Volec (Czech TU, Prague): On degree thresholds of cycles in oriented graphs
The list of invited lectures is subject to change based on the travel restrictions in place to control the coronavirus pandemic. We keep the list updated as we learn about changes.
The conference will take place in the building of the Faculty of Informatics of Masaryk University, which is located at Botanická 68a in Brno.
The registration for the conference is open until July 7, 2020.
To register fully, it is necessary to pay the registration fee and
to send an e-mail to Darina Boukalová
with the following information by the registration deadline:
- The name, the affiliation and the e-mail address to be used for further communication.
- The information on the arrival and departure; note that the conference starts in the morning on Monday, August 17 and concludes in the early afternoon on Thursday, August 20.
- The title and one-paragraph abstract of the talk if you are interested in giving one.
Note that the organizers reserve the right to reject talks that are out of the scope of the conference; letters for visas can only be provided to participants with scheduled talks.
The regular conference fee is 3500 CZK, and the reduced conference fee for students is 2500 CZK. The conference fee should be paid at the following websites by the registration deadline.
Please note that the conference fee does not cover accommodation and meals during the conference.
A special rate in Continental hotel is available for the conference participants. In addition, budget-friendly accommodation is offered in one of the university dormitories. Note that the capacity is limited. When booking accommodation, please use the password contained in the e-mail confirming your registration sent by us to you.
A four-star hotel situated near the historic city centre, a ten-minute walk to the Faculty of Informatics (conference venue). For more information and reservation, please visit https://www.continentalbrno.cz/.
- Single room Standard 1350 CZK (incl. breakfast)
- Twin room Standard 1800 CZK (incl. breakfast)
Accommodation at the university dormitories, a five-minute walk to the Faculty of Informatics. Twin rooms in suites (two bedrooms share a toilet and a shower), with a shared kitchen on each floor. For more information and reservation, please visit https://www.skm.muni.cz/hotel/kounicova.
- Twin room with TV 700 CZK per person/night or 900 CZK per room/night
- Twin room no TV 550 CZK per person/night or 700 CZK per room/night
- Darina Boukalová (MU Brno, co-chair)
- Michał Karol Dębski (MU Brno)
- Robert Hancock (MU Brno)
- Petr Hliněný (MU Brno)
- Adam Kabela (MU Brno)
- Daniel Kráľ (MU Brno, chair)
- Théo Pierron (MU Brno)