News and events archive
From the faculty
Measures of the Dean of FI MU in connection with COVID-19
Up-to-date information related to COVID-19 at FI MU as of 27 March 15:00
Recommended platform for synchronous communication at FI (teaching, SDZ, state
exam, ...) is Zoom. It is possible to use commercial license after registration:
Masaryk University postponed the examination period until the end of September
and the beginning of the autumn semester on 5. 10.:
* MU will be without contact teaching at least by mid-May:
* A public session of the Senate was held in distance mode. The results
of e-voting is that FI's draft budget was unanimously approved. Experience
with the new form of the session will be used in the meeting of the MU Senate.
* MU Crisis Center has been established by the MU Volunteer Center and its
* The methods and procedures of distance learning at FI are coordinated
by study programs Vice-Deans via direct mail to teachers. Experiences of
teaching are shared and evaluated, the use of Coursera courses is considered.
* Distance study specifics at FI during a pandemic should be discussed at
* MU moved the term of Bachelor's degree entrance examination tests (in Czech):
* MU coordinates and offers volunteer assistance:
* GA ČR cancels grant competitions and re-enrolls them:
* Discuss in IS:
** The public session of the Senate on Thursday will be held in the form of
IS discussion forum:
** For sharing an experience with distance learning, let's follow:
* The FI management will no longer meet face-to-face contact
but will use electronic means such as IS MU discussion forums.
* Rector Bareš comments on situation on MU (in Czech):
* Dean's new measures towards online meetings (in Czech)
* University Hospital in Brno is looking for volunteers from among
students of FI who are willing to help with the "reinstallation
of computers" after the cyber attack. Complete this questionnaire:
* State of emergency announced: https://www.muni.cz/en/coronavirus/article
* Follow faculty information and opportunities for distance learning
and share it here: https://is.muni.cz/go/fi-distancni-vyuka.
* Coursera releases courses for self-study to schools in pandemic areas,
MU asked to join the Coursera for Campus Response Program:
https://www.coursera.org/coronavirus/, and succeeded
(stay tuned for other info).
* The deadline for canceling registered courses at FI MU is
extended until 27 March:
* All contact teaching is canceled, activities can only take place
in distance form by April 13th.
* The faculty is _closed_ for students. Only the main entrance to the Botanická
68a building could be used, only by Masaryk University employees.
* FI-specific information will be updated in this document
at IS MU board at URL https://is.muni.cz/auth/bb/FI/zfakulty/koronavirus.
* Rector's letter about COVID-19:
* An honorary doctorate ceremony for prof. Andersson has been
postponed until further notice.
* Rector's web with news about COVID-19, rector's leave of absence announced:
https://muni.cz/koronavirus/ and https://muni.cz/en/koronavirus/;
* FI MU dean's order to cancel contact teaching:
* FI MU dean's orede about closing of computer rooms: