News and events archive
From the faculty
Measures of the Dean of FI MU in connection with COVID-19
Up-to-date information related to COVID-19 at FI MU as of September 23, 16:00
The Regional Hygiene Station in Brno restricts teaching at universities with
effect from September 23, 2020 from midnight:
The university traffic-light system is currently YELLOW.
MU faculties, and institutes may declare a higher level of alert.
* By September 25 2020, at the latest, it will be announced what the upcoming
semester at MU will look like.
* Information from the meeting of the MU Crisis Committee
** The Crisis Committee recommends the Crisis Staff to turn yellow within the
university traffic light system.
** All events that do not relate to teaching and the university's essential
operation will be canceled or converted to hybrid or entirely online; also
applies to academic ceremonies, Dies academicus.
** MU employees will be required to inform employers about facts related to
COVID-19; will be regulated by a decision rector.
** At a meeting with deans and heads of HS will be discussed in the form of
implementation of teaching in the coming semester and MU's position on the
National Accreditation Authority's opinion. Given the need to ensure that all
students have access to teach according to the accreditation, the Crisis
Committee considered it necessary to prioritize teaching in a "telepresence"
mode. Contact teaching without this alternative can continue to be implemented
only when online mode cannot adequately replace physical presence. For the
first-year students, the Crisis Committee considers physical participation in
classes an indispensable part of their adaptation to higher education
conditions. Therefore, they recommend that faculties carefully consider the
inclusion of selected courses in the contact form.
** With effect from September 14, 2020, the operation of the RMU is governed by
MU Measure No. 7/19920 - Anti-epidemic measures plan in connection with the
COVID-19 infection in the Rector's Office.
* Since September 10, FI MU has introduced the obligation to wear veils covering
the nose and mouth in the faculty areas, especially corridors, lecture halls,
elevators, and keeping distances in busy faculty places.
* MU announces MU coronavirus semaphore: https://www.muni.cz/koronavirus/
You can find the color of the faculty semaphore in the MU IS: please watch
and respect it.
* Instructions for foreign students on how to currently enter the Czech
* The methodology of testing and completing the course in JS 2020 at MU has been
* The Ministry of the Interior continuously informs about the possibilities
of traveling to and from the Czech Republic:
* FI has another variety of Informatics courses and resources from IEEE at its
disposal (free until June 30):
* Tested platform for synchronous communication at FI (SDZ, state exam,
synchronous teaching) is Zoom. It is possible to use a limited number of
commercial licenses after registration at https://cesnet.zoom.us and request.
* Masaryk University postponed the end of the examination period until the end
September and the beginning of the autumn semester will start on 5. 10.:
* MU will be without contact teaching at least by mid-May:
* A public session of the Senate was held in distance mode.
The results of e-voting are that FI's draft budget was unanimously approved.
Experience with the new form of the session will be used in the meeting
of the MU Senate.
* MU Crisis Center has been established by the MU Volunteer Center and its
* The methods and procedures of distance learning at FI are coordinated
by study programs Vice-Deans via direct mail to teachers. Experiences of
teaching is shared and evaluated, the use of Coursera courses is considered.
* Distance study specifics at FI during a pandemic should be discussed at
* MU moved the term of Bachelor's degree entrance examination tests (in Czech):
* MU coordinates and offers volunteer assistance:
* GA ČR cancels grant competitions and re-enrolls them:
* Discuss in IS:
** The public session of the Senate on Thursday will be held in the form of
IS discussion forum:
** For sharing an experience with distance learning, let's follow:
* The FI management will no longer meet face-to-face contact
but will use electronic means such as IS MU discussion forums.
* Rector Bareš comments on situation on MU (in Czech):
* Dean's new measures towards online meetings (in Czech)
* University Hospital in Brno is looking for volunteers from among
students of FI who are willing to help with the "reinstallation
of computers" after the cyber attack. Complete this questionnaire:
* State of emergency announced: https://www.muni.cz/en/coronavirus/article
* Follow faculty information and opportunities for distance learning
and share it here: https://is.muni.cz/go/fi-distancni-vyuka.
* Coursera releases courses for self-study to schools in pandemic areas,
MU asked to join the Coursera for Campus Response Program:
https://www.coursera.org/coronavirus/, and succeeded
(stay tuned for other info).
* The deadline for canceling registered courses at FI MU is
extended until 27 March:
* All contact teaching is canceled, activities can only take place
in distance form by April 13th.
* The faculty is _closed_ for students. Only the main entrance to the Botanická
68a building could be used, only by Masaryk University employees.
* FI-specific information will be updated in this document at IS MU
board at URL https://is.muni.cz/auth/bb/FI/zfakulty/koronavirus.
* Rector's letter about COVID-19:
* An honorary doctorate ceremony for prof. Andersson has been
postponed until further notice.
* Rector's web with news about COVID-19, rector's leave of absence announced:
https://muni.cz/koronavirus/ and https://muni.cz/en/koronavirus/;
* FI MU dean's order to cancel contact teaching:
* FI MU dean's order about the closing of computer rooms: