Frequently Asked Questions for Bachelor Admission ProcedureUnder what conditions is it possible to enter the bachelor study without an entrance examination?
Admission without the entrance examination applies exclusively to applicants for a single-subject program in Informatics or Programming and Application Development and is possible if the following criteria are met:
- the result of the National Comparative Examination of General Study Prerequisites (General Study Prerequisites in Czech, General Study Prerequisites in Slovak) held at the latest by TSP inclusive is one of the 20% of the best,
- the result of the National Comparative Examination in Mathematics held by the date of the TSP inclusive is one of the 40%
- at least 580 points in the SAT I test in mathematics,
- Advanced Placement (AP) exam result from a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) subject at level 4 or 5
- Mensa ČR or Mensa SR standardized IQ entry test for adults is at least IQ 130
- successful passing of the maturitní zkouška in MATEMATICS + in the Czech Republic with excellent or commendable results,
- Successful researcher of at least the district round of secondary school competition in the Czech Republic included in the Program of Excellence from the following list: Mathematical Olympiad (categories A, B, P), Physical Olympiad (categories A, B), Chemical Olympiad (categories A, B), Astronomical Olympics (category A, B), Biological Olympiad (category A, B), Logical Olympics (category C), Programming contest (high school - youth programming languages, high school - web programming) or successful researcher of at least regional round of secondary school competition Slovakia from the following list: Mathematical Olympiad (Category A), Olympics in Informatics (Category A), Physical Olympiad (Category A, B), Chemical Olympiad (Category A), Biological Olympiad (Category A), ZENIT in Programming (Category A, Web Developer, Graphic Designer)
- successful researcher of the regional round of Secondary vocational school (SOČ) in the fields of mathematics and statistics; physics; chemistry; electrotechnics, electronics telecommunications; informatika.,
- successful solver of correspondence seminar in informatics organized by FI MU.
Applicants who have already studied or are studying at FI MU may be admitted to the Bachelor's degree only on the basis of the results of the TSP.How to apply for a remission of the entrance examination based on the National Comparative Examination? Dates are also after collecting requests for remission.
Load the scanned image waiver request Entrance exams for your e-application by February 29, 2020 Please indicate the dates of the exams you are planning to take. The faculty accepts the test results, which will be known by April 17, 2020.I passed the National Comparative Test. Is it necessary to send a certified copy of the SCIO certificate to my written application?
No, in this case only a written request is sufficient. However, you need to give SCIO, which organizes the NSZ, the consent to provide information about your result to the Faculty of Informatics.I will take part in an IQ test from Mensa SR. How do i have to proceed?
If you reach 130 or higher in the test, please send a written application for the waiver of the entrance examination together with a certified copy of the certificate no later than February 29, 2020. If you take the exam after this date, please fill in the completed application for your waiver by 29 February 2020 and send a certified copy of the certificate later by post so that it is delivered no later than 17 April 2020 and your application can be processed by TSP.Can I apply for a waiver of the written entrance exam electronically?
Yes, if it is not necessary to submit an officially verified copy of the document (options 1, 2, 5 Mensa ČR, 6, and 9) to the application for the waiver of the entrance examination, the completed application can be scanned and inserted into the e-application as an attachment by 29 February 2020.Results of MATHEMATICS + I will know after the TSP deadline, how do I proceed?
TO waiver requests it is necessary to prove completed Affidavit . Since the maturitní zkouška examination in Mathematics + takes place only after the entrance examinations at the Faculty of Informatics, we recommend you also take the written TSP test, which will take place on the dates specified in your e-application, where you will find other necessary information about this test. We recommend participating in the TSP as a safeguard against failure of the Math + exam. Better result counts. After completing Mathematics +, email the document to study department at the latest by the date of enrollment. If you do not provide this document and your TSP percentile is not sufficient for admission, you cannot be enrolled.What does it mean to be among the top 20 in the National Comparison Test?
The percentage you earned must be 80 or greater.Is admission to secondary school or the outcome of the school-leaving examination taken into account for admission?
Benefit from secondary school or from the school-leaving examination is not taken into account.Will past years be taken into account for admission without the entrance examination?
Yes, the results from previous years are taken into account for admission, but the oldest ones may be from 2018, except for the IQ test, which is valid indefinitely. This provision does not apply to applicants who have studied or are studying at FI MU.Is the NSZ also organized in Slovakia?
Yes, SCIO also organizes tests in Slovakia (Bratislava, Žilina, Košice) http://www.scio.cz/Is it possible to study in a combined form of study?
No, only in full-time form.Can I apply for more programs?
Yes you can. You must fill in a separate e-application form for each program and pay a handling fee.I want to apply for a waiver of the entrance exam. Is it enough to click on the application only in the e-application?
You need to either send written request , or if the application does not need to be accompanied by an officially certified copy of the document (options 1, 2, 5 Mensa ČR, 6 and 9) request scan and insert in the e-application as an attachment - no later than February 29, 2020.
Please pay attention to other questions concerning the admission procedure see. https://is.muni.cz/prihlaska/faq.pl
Frequently asked questions for the admission procedure for the follow-up Master's study programI am a student of the last semester of my bachelor's degree at the Faculty of Informatics MU and meet the condition of a study average of maximum 2.00 or I belong to the 50th percentile in my degree program. Do I have to make a written application for remission?
No, an applicant who studies in the Autumn 2017 semester in a bachelor's degree program at FI MU and fulfills the criteria for passing the entrance examination into a follow-up master's degree from Spring 2018 does not have to apply. The waiver will be evaluated on the basis of the application form and applicants will be informed electronically.I am a student of the last year of my bachelor's degree from another university, what should I do when applying for a waiver?
The applicant for the remission of the examination shall send a written application to the Study Department so that it is delivered by the end of the application deadline. The application shall be accompanied by a list of completed courses in the bachelor's degree program, together with the achieved average of study, issued by the relevant university (it is possible to prove the achieved percentile). If the applicant is a student of the last year of the relevant study, the list of courses must be issued no earlier than 3 months before the date of the entrance examination.I am a bachelor graduate, what should I do when applying for a waiver?
The applicant for the remission of the examination shall send a written application to the Study Department so that it is delivered by the end of the application deadline. The application shall be accompanied by a list of completed courses in the bachelor's degree program, together with the achieved average of study, issued by the relevant university (it is possible to prove the achieved percentile). If the applicant has already completed a bachelor's degree, the list of courses must be issued after its completion.I am a foreign candidate, can I manage everything?
Applications will be processed continuously after payment of the admission fee. Invitations to the entrance examination or the decision to waive the entrance examination will also be sent continuously. Therefore, applicants outside the Czech and Slovak Republics are advised to submit their application as soon as possible (including sending an application for a remission of the entrance examination) and paying the fee.