Frequently Asked Questions for Bachelor AdmissionsUnder what conditions is admission to bachelor's degree without admission exam possible?
Admission without entrance examination is possible if the following criteria are met:
- the result of the National Comparative Examination in General Study Prerequisites (General Study Assumptions in Czech, General Study Assumptions in Slovak) held by TSP inclusive at the latest is among the 20% best
- the result of the National Comparative Examination in Mathematics held by TSP inclusive at the latest is among the 40% best
- result of SAT I math exam at least 580 points
- result in AP (Advanced Placement) exam from STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) at level 4 or 5
- the result in the standardized adult IQ test conducted by Mensa ČR or Mensa SR corresponds to at least IQ 130,
- successful passing of the maturita examination in MATEMATICS + in the Czech Republic,
- successful solver of at least the district round of high school professional competition in the Czech Republic included in the High School Excellency program from the following list: Mathematical Olympics (categories A, B, P), Physical Olympics (categories A, B), Chemical Olympics (categories A, B), astronomical Olympics (Category A, B), Biological Olympiad (Category A, B), Mathematical Kangaroo (Student Category), Logic Olympics (Category C), Programming Competition (SŠ - Programming Languages Youth, SS - Web Programming) or a successful solver at least the regional round of high school professional competition in Slovakia from the following list: Mathematical Olympiad (Category A), Olympics in Informatics (Category A), Physical Olympiad (Category A, B), Chemical Olympics (Category A), Biological Olympiad (Category A) ZENIT in Programming (Category A, Web Developer, Graphic Designer)
- successful solver of the regional round of secondary school professional activity in the fields of mathematics and statistics; physics; chemistry; electrical engineering, electronics telecommunications; informatics.
- successful solver of correspondence seminar organized by FI MU.
Applicants who have already studied or studied at FI MU can only be admitted to bachelor studies on the basis of TSP results.How is the entrance exam based on the National Comparative Exams passed? Their results will not know before the entrance exam. Should I take the entrance exams? Can a waiver be applied for retrospectively?
In case you succeed at the NSZ and you get the result before the entrance examination, it is up to you whether you will participate in the entrance examination. In case you participate and fail, you still have a chance to send a written request for waiving the entrance examination due to success at the NSZ, but no later than February 28, 2019. However, you can directly decide not to take the entrance exam and send it in writing application for remission of the entrance examination. If on the day of the entrance examination you do not yet know the results of the NSZ, in any case, take the entrance examination. Even in the case of failure to pass the entrance exam and the success of the NSZ, a better result will always be taken.I will participate in the IQ test from Mensa SR. How do i have to proceed?
If you reach 130 and above in the test, please send a written request for remission of the entrance examination by post together with a certified copy of the certificate, no later than February 28, 2019. If you participate in the test after this date, please submit a completed waiver application to your e-application by February 28, 2019 and send a certified copy of the certificate by post later so that your request can be processed by the TSP.Can I apply for a waiver of a written entrance examination electronically?
Yes, if it is not necessary to submit an officially verified copy of the document (options 1, 2, 5 of Mensa ČR, 6, and 9) to the application for waiver of the entrance examination, it is possible to scan the completed application and add it to the e-application as an attachment - at the latest until 28 February 2019.I will know the results of MATEMATICS + after the term TSP, how do I proceed?
TO request for remission it is necessary to submit a completed Affidavit . Due to the fact that the Matematika + maturita exam takes place after the entrance examinations at the Faculty of Informatics, we recommend that you also take part in the written TSP test, which will take place on the dates stated in your e-application, where you will find other necessary information about this test. Participation in TSP is recommended as an insurance policy in case of failure in the Mathematics + exam. A better result is calculated. After completing Mathematics + send an e-mail to the address study separation at the latest until enrollment in the study. If you do not document this document and your TSP percentile is not sufficient for admission, you cannot be enrolled in the study.What does it mean to be the 20% best in the National Comparative Test?
The percentage you earned must be 80 or higher.Is a secondary school benefit or a maturita examination result accepted for admission?
Neither the secondary school nor the school-leaving examination is taken into account.Will the results of previous years be taken into account for admission without entrance examination?
Yes, the results from previous years are taken into account, but the oldest may be from 2017, except for the IQ test, which is unlimited. This provision does not apply to applicants who have studied or studied at FI MU.Is the NSZ also organized in Slovakia?
Yes, SCIO organizes tests also in Slovakia (Bratislava, Žilina, Košice) http://www.scio.cz/Is it possible to study in a combined form of study?
No, only in full-time form.Can I sign up for more programs?
Yes you can. You must complete a separate e-application for each program and pay a handling fee for it.I want to ask for a waiver of the entrance exam. Just click the request only in the e-application?
You need to either send it written request , or if it is not necessary to submit an officially certified copy of the document (options 1, 2, 5 Mensa ČR, 6 and 9) request to scan and paste into the e-application as an attachment - no later than February 28, 2019.I succeeded in the National Comparative Test. Do I need to send a certified copy of the SCIO certificate to my written request?
No, in this case only a written request is sufficient. But you need to give SCIO, which organizes the NSZ, to provide information about your outcome to the Faculty of Informatics.
Please pay attention to other questions related to admission procedures. https://is.muni.cz/prihlaska/faq.pl
Frequently Asked Questions for Admission to Follow-Up Master StudyI am a student of the last semester of bachelor's degree at the Faculty of Informatics of Masaryk University and meet the study average requirement of 2.00 or I belong to the 50th percentile in my degree program. Do I have to make a written request for remission?
No, a candidate who enrolls in a Bachelor's degree program at FI MU in the semester of Autumn 2017 and meets the criteria for waiving the entrance examination to a follow-up Master's degree from the Spring 2018 semester may not apply. The waiver will be evaluated on the basis of the application for study and the applicants will be informed electronically.I am a student of the last year of bachelor's degree from another university, what should I do when applying for a waiver?
An applicant for a waiver will send a written request to the Study Department to receive it by the end of the application deadline. If the candidate is a student of the last year of the relevant study, the list of subjects must be issued no earlier than 3 months before the entrance examination date.I am a graduate of a bachelor's degree program, what should I do when applying for a waiver?
An applicant for a waiver will send a written request to the Study Department to receive it by the end of the application deadline. The application shall be accompanied by a statement of completed subjects in the bachelor's study program together with the achieved average of the university issued by the relevant university (it is also possible to prove the achieved percentile).I'm a candidate from abroad, can I handle everything?
Applications will be processed continuously after the admission fee has been paid. Invitations to entrance examinations or decision to waive entrance examinations will also be sent on an ongoing basis. Applicants outside the Czech Republic and Slovakia are therefore advised to submit their application as soon as possible (including sending a request for remission of the entrance examination) and paying the fee.