FI Alumni Day and the 25th Anniversary of the Faculty of Informatics MU
- May 15, 2019 The premiere of the DO NAHA play from the student ProFIdivadlo ensemble
- May 19, 2019 19th Film Festival FI MU
- June 2–4, 2019 Annual SVOČ 2019 Student Competition in Mathematics and Informatics
- June 15, 2019 FI Alumni Day, the celebrations of the 25th anniversary of the Faculty of Informatics MU, Festival MUNI 100
- second half of September–October 2019 (exact days yet to be specified) Performance of Fantasia Apocalyptica oratorio with personal presence of first doctor honoris causa of FI MU Donald E. Knuth
- March 19, 2020 Grant of an honorary degree from FI MU — Professor Ross J. Anderson, University of Cambridge
- 9.00 Registration at the foyer of the faculty. Possibility to register a lecture for a rump session
- 9.30 Possibility to see posters about FI history. Possibility to put children to the children's corner in the ICS club or in the D2
- 9.55 Welcome by founding dean of FI, Jiří Zlatuška and by FI alumni, now member of the European parliament Marcel Kolaja; lecture hall D3
- 10.00–12.30 The schedule at D3 (+ D1) hall
- 10.00–11.00 The lectures from FI alumni
- 10.00–10.10 Jakub Jurových – Machine learning in the film industry,
- 10.10–10.20 Petr Krontorád – The joy of imperfection or how to enjoy a pre-lost struggle for perfection,
- 10.20–10.30 Jakub Nešetřil – How IT affects society and society affects IT,
- 10.30–10.40 Petr Palas – A young marmot advisor or what every right IT engineer should know,
- 10.40–10.50 David Pavlík – Why the successful innovative companies have bigger goals than revenue, market share or world dominancy.
- 11.00–11.30 The lecture FI yesterday (by Petr Sojka) and today (by Jiří Barnat)
- 11.30–12.00 A panel discussion Quo Vadis FI? panelists: Jiří Zlatuška, Jiří Barnat, Bára Kozlíková, Radovan Musil, moderator: Vashek Matyáš
- 12.00–12.30 Rump session (graduates can give a short, 1–3 min lecture, registration on the spot), moderator: Vashek Matyáš
- 10.00–11.00 The lectures from FI alumni
- 10.00–12.30 Open doors to laboratories and workplaces at FI - Lasaris, NLP, HCI Lab, EmLab, A318 films from FI MU Movie Festivals
- 12.30–15.30 Refreshments in the lobby of the lecture halls "D" and in the FI courtyard, D3+D1 the slideshow and movies from FI history, AGD+M photo studio (till 3 PM)
- 15.30 Transfer to the MUNI 100 festival at BVV Trade Fairs Brno, timetables of shuttle buses (in Czech only).
ICS Open Day
Also, on the occasion of the 40th anniversary of the Institute of Computer Science there will be the ICS Open Day.
Choice from a festival program with a focus on FI MU June 15, BVV Trade Fairs Brno, Hall A
- 13.00 The opening of BVV
- 14.00–16.00 (Not only) FI alumni bronze medal ceremony
- 14.00–22.00 FI stand at Hall A: posters and videos about FI history and presence
- 18.30–20.00 ProFIdivadlo ensemble–the Full Monty play
- 16.00–24.00 Best short movies from the FI MU film festivals at the "Scala" cinema at Hall A2
Timetables of shuttle buses (in Czech only).
During the weekend June 14–16, the student, employee or alumni Festival ticket entitles its holder to draw many benefits from the Brno culture.
How to get at FI by Local public transport
The closest stops are Hrnčířská (tram 1, 6) or Botanická (trolleybus 32).
How to get at FI by a car and parking
- Parking at Veveří street next to the Law faculty MU, parking is free during weekends. It is 10 minutes to walk to FI.
- Parking at Shopping center Královo Pole, parking is free in the garages (9.00–21.00) or nonstop at outside parking lots. It is 15 minutes to walk to FI.
- Also, in local blue zones, you can park your car during the weekend without restrictions.
- Masaryk University alumni, student and university staff will be able to park on the premises of BVV Trade Fairs Brno. A parking spot (150 CZK) can be booked with the purchase of the ticket, or purchased on site on the day of the festival. It will be available from Saturday 8:00 a.m. until Sunday noon. The gate designated for arrival is Gate 9, where you will need to show your e-ticket or buy a ticket. The parking lots will be situated in the vicinity of Hall Z on the premises. Afterward, you can use tram No. 1 to travel to stop Hrnčířská nearby FI.
They will operate between the faculties and BVV Trade Fairs Brno. Timetables of shuttle buses (in Czech only).
Wheelchair access information
The FI building has wheelchair access and wheelchair access toilets.
In case you have specific demands, contact
In case it would be difficult for you to park far from FI, we can arrange to park directly at Botanická 68a building,