Honeywell - SW Engineer with Java – Black boxes
Join a team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex software applications within Honeywell Aerospace. You will be an active and integral member of a small dedicated team that cooperates on “Black box in the sky” working on a new generation of black boxes, that play a crucial part in preventing air accidents and saving lives.
How your role will look like?
For more than 60 years, Honeywell has been an industry leader in data recorders for the commercial aviation industry – also known on aircraft as “black boxes.” These critical devices passively collect large amounts of information from multiple sources during each flight – cockpit voice (CV) data, or communication between pilots in the cockpit as well as between pilots and air traffic controllers, and also flight data (FD), or how the aircraft systems perform in-flight. Flight recorders ensure that, in the event of an accident, investigators can use the data to learn more about the chain of events leading up to it.
Find more details here
- This position involves implementation, testing and integration of SW based on structured requirements
- Following and improvement of methodologies for SW development and design, improvement of coding best practicies
- Communicate issues with stakeholders/team and actively contribute to their timely resolution
- Make sure all goals are completed in a satisfactory manner and issues timely communicated
- Support Recorders COE organization in their initiatives
- The job assignment may vary based on primary managers’ directives
- Bachalor´s Degree in software engineering. Advanced degree preferred and continuous learning expected
- Basic experience in theoretical background in software implementation; CI/CD & agile knowledge
- Knowledge of the SW development best practices and SW development cycle
- Experience in implementation of web based systems using the database:
- Jave EE (Spring, Spring Boot)
- SQL (MSSQL)
- Knowledge of configuration mangement system:
- Git, Subversion
- Ability to communicate in English language – B2 to C1
Nice to have:
- Experience with working in team (advantage)
- Capability and willingness to travel to USA for trainings and business meetings
- Must meet any applicable Export License conditions in terms of nationality for the given project
- Excellent communications skills (both written and oral)
- Organizational and analytical skills
- Self-starter, motivated, takes initiative, able to work independently
- Reliable, trustworthy, with highest ethical standards
- Flexible, eager to try and learn new skills
- Interested in working in fast pace, global business environment
- Strongly customer oriented and team-oriented attitude
- Commitment to develop a long-term professional career in Honeywell Aerospace
- Dynamic and creative international work environment
- Competitive salary
- Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities
- Attractive benefits including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
- Daily use of English language
- Expert leaders to support your professional development
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Web address