Open days for those interested in studying at the Faculty of Informatics of MU
As? Video of last year:
Open Day Program 1. 2. 2019
Accompanying Morning Preprogram: Testing IQ - Mensa ČR
Candidates with IQ 130 and above may be accepted without entrance examinations . Verify that you meet the hourly test criteria you perform in room A318 on FI. Registration on the Web of the Czech Republic is necessary: 9: 30-10: 30 , 10: 30-11: 30 , 11: 30-12: 30 .
The main program
12: 30-13: 00 Registration (FI foyer) - You will receive information about FI MU. You can continue to the D3 lecture hall, where you can chat informally with existing FI students. Representatives will also be there of the study department FI MU , ready for individual consultations. Throughout the Open Door Day, the Study Department will be open to all visitors for queries.
13: 00-13: 50 Presentation about the possibilities of study with discussion - study at FI MU will be presented by prof. Jiří Barnat, Vice-Dean for Study Programs. You get the answers to the questions: What is FI MU specific? What programs can be studied here , what items to combine? What to watch out for during your studies? How to apply ? What are the options to travel ? What can you expect? until you finish school?
14: 30-15: 30 Presentation of newly accredited programs for applicants Master Program . Suitable for existing FI MU students as well as candidates from other schools.
13: 55-16: 20 Excursions through the laboratories and the VTP - will be attended by the current FI students, who will be informally asked about anything. Habitat overview is indicative, will be specified.
- Joint presentation in the framework of Red Hat's collaboration, as an industry partner of the faculty, and laboratories
CRoCS (Center for Research on Cryptography and Security). You will learn how to collaborate on open-source security projects, whether in the bachelor thesis, collaborative work on research projects, or internship.
- How can the image be decomposed into pixels, how do pixels look up and how can it be used? How can a damaged image or video be repaired, how do we use mathematics to graphically depict image properties that are otherwise unmanageable to humans? Lab
CBIA he is interested in the biomedical picture. It brings together experts in the fields of informatics, mathematics and physics, as well as biology and medicine, who study the behavior of cells, which is used for proper diagnosis and treatment of diseases and drug efficacy.
- What does linguistics have with computer science? Natural language processing. In the labu
NLP intelligent computer programs are created, without which you may not need Google or list.com. It develops programs to understand, search, search, translate texts, automatically respond, generate language analyzes, and analyze large word data packages.
LEMMA we develop applications and technologies for processing large data collections including multimedia (digital libraries, production and post-production of films). LEMMA is a playground where different fields are intertwined and projects are being developed for practice in three areas: searching for information (in digital arXiv libraries, etc.), machine learning (walking recognition), multimedia content production (film festival tradition, festival. fi.muni.cz).
- Where is the border between man and computer? Find out what our students are doing during their studies and find yourself in another reality for a while. In HCILAB, we are developing new methods for human interaction with the computer. We use technologies such as: virtual and widespread reality, motion capture, 3D print or brain-computer interface. Together with experts from other disciplines, we test these new methods in different areas, including: patient health monitoring, cultural heritage digitization, smart office project, or serious games
- In the lab
EmLab not only our people are waiting for you, but also robots or drones. You will learn how such electronics are programmed and controlled around us. Find out how to detect neutrons and gamma rays around us and what EmLab people are working with nuclear scientists. The laboratory is equipped with measuring technology and contemporary technical and program tools for the application of programmable fields of FPGA, single-chip microprocessors and DSP-type processors. It focuses on the study, development and application of so-called embedded systems for unique, dedicated applications.
- Are you interested in powerful computing, storing large volumes (PB and more), high-speed networks (40 Gbps and more), and what can you do with these technologies? Are you interested in high-end visualization technology, High Definition Multimedia (8K) and how to transmit data? Are you interested in how to program and control the most powerful systems with the latest graphics cards or thousands of processes? Then the SITOLA laboratory is the best place to start.
- We link the latest scientific knowledge with cutting-edge practice. An example is the Cyber Polygon Project (
KYPO ), a unique virtual environment for simulation of cyber attacks and large cybernetics used in the subjects we teach. FI MU students have a unique opportunity to try it out.
- In the lab
DISA (Data Intensive Systems and Application) we teach machines to efficiently process large volumes of multimedia data (images, videos, movements, biometric data, etc.) using their dual similarity. In a short presentation and subsequent demonstration of web applications, people will be introduced to the main challenges associated with big data and similar search.
Atelier provides interdisciplinary education in the field of graphic design, focuses primarily on digital media. He focuses on topics such as generative programming, interactive media creation, animation, video, 3D digital modeling and 3D printing, e-publishing, webdesign, font creation, gaming and interactive information graphics.
- How does the Internet of Things (IoT) help solve everyday life problems? Why do you need to exchange data with each other? IN
Lasaris you have a unique opportunity not only to learn more about Arduino Smart Technology technology, which will be explained on various examples (automatic street lighting, intelligent household, RFID reader / tag communication), but you can create your first IoT project with Arduino.
Kentico: From the Android TV diploma to dream work
He got to Kentico Academy, wrote a great final work, and is now a successful developer in Kentico software. Come and get inspired by Juraj Bielik's story and tips!
Good Data: Barbora Kompišová - About studying, operating systems and automation
16:20 - expected ending. We look forward to your visit!
The whole event will be recorded by a faculty photographer. Eventual confirmation of attendance will be issued by the Study Department in the study certificates provided.
More information and brochures to download
Studying Web site:
On FI without receivers ,
Individual excursions and other activities for secondary schools
Brochure Information on Studies at the Faculty of Informatics (CZ, 2018, 1,8 MB PDF) to download .
Brochure Research Areas and Laboratories (EN, 2018, 4.4 MB PDF) to download .
studijniqV8pPvcyT@fi0I_cfVKd=.munio8icwJWNN.cz (preferred contact, for specific queries, or posting brochures)
Telephone: +420 54949 1818
propagace23cTPcJEh@firg1-PVBbL.muniebnl9eJlx.cz (for those interested in excursions)
Telephone: +420 54949 6282
Follow Facebook: FI.MUNI.CZ , Instagram: @fi_muni , Twitter: @fi_muni