Basic informationMasaryk University subscribes to a number of high-quality electronic resources to which our users have free access. Whether on the faculty premises on the faculty computers or via the university wifi network (connection instructions here it.muni.cz/sluzby/wifi ). However, you can use resources from anywhere via remote access - VPN. Instructions on how to connect can be found at this link VPN .
Where do I find it? List of all el. resources that MU subscribes to can be found at ezdroje.muni.cz . You can search for them with a search engine discovery . See the discovery search for more information here . You can sort the resources alphabetically, or also select by of our faculty .
- ACM Digital Library: The ACM Digital Library is a comprehensive full-text database of articles and bibliographic records focused on computer and information technology. More information and access here .
- IEEE / IET (IEEE Xplore): a large database of current world literature in the field of electrical engineering, communications and informatics. More information and access here .
- LNCS-online: prestigious proceedings and monographs on computer science research from Springer. More information and access here .
- Springer ComputerScience e-textbooks: over 750 e-textbooks from all areas of computer science. More information and access here .
- Web of Science: a well-known citation and bibliographic database, contains citation information from more than 18,000 leading scientific journals. More information and access here .
- SCOPUS: the world's largest citation and abstract database. Direct competitor of the Web of Science database in the field of scientometry. More information and access here .
- ScienceDirect Freedom Collection: full texts of scientific journals from Elsevier. More information and access here .
- Taylor & Francis Online - Mathematics & Statistics Collection: a large collection of mathematical journals. A number of areas are covered, such as analytical and computational mathematics, applied mathematics and statistics, the history of mathematics and more. More information and access here .
- AMS - American Mathematical Society Journals: a collection of peer-reviewed mathematical journals from various fields of mathematics. More information and access here .
- Collections of e-books from prestigious publishers: Elsevier , Springer , Taylor & Francis , Wiley . You can also use a collection of books EBSCO eBook Academic Collection and EBSCO eBooks .
- EBSCO Academic Search Ultimate: a huge multidisciplinary database. More information and access here .
- JSTOR: a top database of scientific journals from various fields. More information and access here .
- ProQuest Central: an extensive global multidisciplinary database. More information and access here .
- Cambridge Journals Online - Full Collection: a collection of prestigious peer-reviewed scientific journals from Cambridge University Press. More information and access here .
- List of e-books purchased at FI: here
Useful links and information
- Archive of MU final theses: all diploma theses since 2006 in electronic form can be found here: is.muni.cz/thesis/ . You can trace older work in scanned form by logging in to is.muni.cz .
- Munispace: Masaryk University reading room munispace.muni.cz .
- Theses: archive of university theses from Czech universities theses.cz .
- Works not available on the market (DNNT): a project of the National Library of the Czech Republic, thanks to which it publishes in digital form works published in the Czech Republic until 2010, which are not available through the usual distribution channel ndk.cz/podminky-zpristupneni . To log in, it is necessary to check the consent, click on log in with the library account / eduID. Then select Masaryk University and log in with a single login (UCO and primary password).
- Knihovny.cz: a common catalog for a large part of Czech libraries knihovna.cz . List of participating libraries https://www.knihovny.cz/Content/zapojene-knihovny-a-zdroje .
- Google Scholar: A search engine for expert resources from Google Google scholar .
- Open science at MU: all info on support for researchers can be found at openscience.muni.cz .
- Bibliometrics: methodological support and central bibliometric service scientometrics.muni.cz .