Student research and development projects of FI MU
With the program to support student research and development projects, the Faculty of Informatics seeks to stimulate the development of high-quality, generally usable and freely distributable software. The aim of the program is to contribute to development free software and at the same time to make visible the creative potential and professional skills of faculty students in a national and international context.
Student projects are implemented mainly by bachelor's and / or master's degree students under the guidance of a faculty employee, who is the professional guarantor responsible for solving the project, its coordination, financial management and public presentation of the achieved results. The project can also be led by a doctoral student. In the event that they are not employees of the Faculty of Informatics at the same time, one of the employees, eg the supervisor of the given doctoral student, must take formal responsibility for the project.
The objectives of the project may or may not be in the nature of scientific work and may or may not be implemented within one of the existing laboratories of the faculty. The allocated funds can be used for regular monthly rewards for students, or to cover other costs necessary for the implementation of project objectives. Funds can always be requested for a maximum of one year. Long-term projects can be supported repeatedly if their goals are properly met.
Institutional support is intended for the further development of projects that already show some results (for example, a development version of the program is available) and there is a web presentation. Institutional support cannot be obtained solely on the basis of the project intent, which is not further supported by at least partial results.
In the draft of this current call, it is necessary, among other things, to clearly specify how the entire project will proceed successfully in the current closed state.
Project design and solution
The project proposal can be submitted on the basis of the current call. Please fill in the new project proposal only electronically in ISEP: name, proposer, solution date, investor - Masaryk University, project type - Internal projects FI, subprogram - Program for support of student research and development projects, click yes / no - applied research, GDPR, ethics, role of the project - beneficiary, HS - Faculty of Informatics, department, write a brief annotation and save. Subsequently, other tabs will expand, which you will also fill in (program to support student research and development projects, budget, people). Finally, in the approval tab, you can close and el. approve. You can see the generated proposal in pdf in the approval tab.
You can consult the staff in advance about the intention of the project and the ambiguity regarding the completion of the proposal Department of Research, Development and Doctoral Studies FI.
In the case of project financing, the guarantor will be informed by email, the proposal will be transferred in ISEP to the implemented projects and the project will be awarded a contract. At this point, it is possible to start solving the project and submit a proposal (via INET) for a scholarship.
During the solution of the project in 3-month intervals, the researcher inserts into ISEP (implemented projects) a short interim report on the solution of the project.
After the completion of the project, the final report must be prepared on the appropriate form and signed by the guarantor delivered to the Department of Research, Development and Doctoral Studies of the Faculty of Informatics and also inserted (in pdf) into ISEP (reporting via ISEP is planned). The researcher then presents and defends the solution of the project at a public presentation and defense, which takes place twice a year at FI.
Current call for submission of student research and development projects
- Deadline for project submission: by 26 November 2020 (inclusive), the proposal must be submitted via a template in ISEP
- Deadline for announcing the results of the tender: 30 November 2020
- Start of project financing: from 1 December 2020
- ISEP - project proposal editor
- Project final report form (.doc)
- Scholarship program to support student research and development projects (Directive of the Faculty of Informatics of Masaryk University No. 3/2018 - Scholarship programs of FI MU, Art. 8)
Common mistakes in project design
Based on the experience with previous proposals, we recommend avoiding the following mistakes, which will most likely lead to the exclusion of the project:
- Vague specification of project goals. It is not sufficient to state the general objectives (eg "software development for working with pdf files for Linux"), it is necessary to describe the specific outputs and / or functionality of the program to be achieved (together with the relevant timetable). It must be clear from the project proposal what is to be fulfilled and subsequently checked in the individual stages. It must also be clear what the current situation is (eg the current functionality of the program) and what amount of work will be done in the project solution.
- Insufficient justification of financial costs. The main item in project costs are usually scholarships for members of the research team. It is necessary to clearly state in what form the individual team members will be involved in the project and what is the expected volume of their work. The members of the selection board must assess whether the funding requested is proportionate to the expected benefits of the project. Travel allowances can only be requested in very exceptional and well-justified cases (in particular, student projects are not intended to fund students' participation in scientific conferences; other resources should be used for this purpose).
- Formal errors. The project proposal must be submitted on the appropriate form and must contain all the required information. A strict distinction must be made between the description of the current state and the description of the project objectives (for example, if a new plugin for an existing program is to be created within the project, it is not enough to state that this existing program is distributed under a free license. newly created plugin). The members of the commission cannot "deduce the missing data from the context", the only basis for their decision is the facts stated explicitly.
Approved projects for funding
- January 2021 :
- December 2019 :
- December 2018 :
- April 2018 :
- December 2017 :
April 2017 :
- Zuzana Baranova, Jan Mrazek - project completed with praise
- Samuel Antol, Maroš Betko, Tomáš Nejedlý, Věnka Vařeková, Martina Marešová, Marcel Otruba - project completed
- Tomas Jasek, Martina Vitovska - project completed with praise
- Áron Samuel Kovács, Matúš Talčík - project completed with praise
- Rastislav Stefanko - project completed
- Františka Romanovská, Milan Mikuš, Jakub Šalagovič, Matej Troják - project completed
- April 2016 :
- December 2015 :
April 2015 :
- Marek Tomáštík - project completed with praise
- Vít Novotný - project completed with praise
- Lukáš Němec - project completed with praise
- Marek Chalupa - project completed with praise
- Michal Zima - project completed
- Zuzana Ferková, Katarína Furmanová, Marek Galvánek, Marek Žuži, Jakub Jozef Pálenik - project completed
December 2014 :
- Vladimír Štill, Jiří Weiser, Kristína Zákopčanová - project completed
- Samuel Pastva - project completed
- Ján Bella, Milan Doležal, Antonín Hojný, Michal Hroš, Miroslava Jarešová - project completed with praise
- Adriana Šmijáková - project completed
- Jiří Kantor, Radek Stibora - project completed
April 2014 :
- Jaromír Kala, Peter Novák, Milan Seman - project completed
- Petr Pilar, Andrej Tokarcik - project completed
- Radek Stibora - project completed
- Milan Doležal, Antonín Hojný, Miroslava Jarešová, Aleksei Penzentcev, Ján Bella, Michal Hroš - project completed with praise
- Pavel Cadek, Viktor Toman - project completed
December 2013 :
- Vilém Otte, Radek Stibora - project completed
- Jan Botorek - project completed with praise
- Vít Stanislav - project completed
- Jakub Adler, David Formánek, Dominik Szalai, Robert Šiška - project completed
- Jaroslav Klech - project completed with praise
- Desana Daxnerová, Pavel Kajaba, Matej Minárik, Michal Bábel - project completed
- Katarina Furmanova, Marek Galvanek, Zuzana Ferkova, Matej Lobodas, Zuzana Lyova - project completed
- Martin Demko, Ales Pejznoch - project completed
March 2013 :
- Ondrej Bouda - project completed
December 2012 :
- Tomáš Hrabal, Hoa Quoc Tran, Michal Halaj - project completed
- Jakub Valtar, Erik Vanek, Filip Volner - project completed
- Milan Lenčo, Vladimír Štill, Jiří Weiser, Vojtěch Havel - project completed with praise
- Viktor Borza, Adrian Farmadin, Milan Malota, Tomáš Márton - project completed
- Katarina Furmanova, Jan Kalat, Marek Galvanek, Zuzana Ferkova - project completed
- Marek Medveď - project completed with praise
- Martin Pruska, Rastislav Tisovcik - project completed
- March 2012 :
- January 2010 :
- June 2009 :
October 2008 :
- Vojtech Prehnal - project completed
- Juraj Jurčo - project completed
- Ľuboš Korenčiak, Ondřej Kocian, Martin Křivánek - project completed
- Petr Ročkai, Tomáš Janoušek, Martin Moráček, Petr Bauch - project completed
- Milan Kabat, Petr Slovak, Pavel Troubil - project completed
- Vaclav Vacek, Matus Madzin - project completed
- Vojtěch Kovář - project completed
- Marek Blahuš - project completed
- Martin Novak, Petr Kunc - project completed with praise
- Igor Zemsky, Miroslav Warchil - project completed
- May 2008 :