Student research and development projects
Through its program to support student research and development projects, the Faculty of Informatics seeks to stimulate the development of high-quality, generally usable and freely distributable software. The aim of the program is to contribute to development free software and at the same time to highlight the creative potential and professional skills of faculty students in a national and international context.
Student projects are realized mainly by students of bachelor and / or master studies under the guidance of a faculty employee who is a professional guarantor responsible for project solution, its coordination, financial management and public presentation of the achieved results. The project can also be led by a doctoral student. If they are not employees of the Faculty of Informatics at the same time, one of the employees, eg the supervisor of the doctoral student, must take formal responsibility for the project.
The objectives of the project may or may not have the character of scientific work and may or may not be realized within one of the existing laboratories of the Faculty. The allocated funds can be used for regular monthly remuneration to students or to cover other costs necessary to realize the project objectives. Funds may be requested for a maximum of one year. Long-term projects can be supported repeatedly if their objectives are adequately met.
Institutional support is intended for further development of projects that already show some results (eg a development version of the program is available) and their web presentation exists. Institutional support cannot be obtained solely on the basis of a project plan which is not further supported by at least partial results.
Project design and solution
The project proposal can be submitted based on the current call. Please fill in the project proposal electronically only in ISEP: title, proposer, date of solution, investor - Masaryk University, type of project - Internal projects FI, subroutine - Program to support student research and development projects, click yes / no - applied research, GDPR, ethics, role of the project - beneficiary, HS - Faculty of Informatics, Department, write a brief annotation and save. Subsequently, other tabs will be expanded and filled in (student support program for research and development projects, budget, people). Finally, in the approval tab you can close and el. approve. You can see the generated proposal in pdf in the approval tab. You can consult with the staff in advance about the project's intention and the uncertainties about completing the proposal Department of Research, Development and Doctoral Study Faculty of Informatics.
In case of project financing, the guarantor will be informed by e-mail, the proposal will be transferred in ISEP to the implemented projects and the project will be awarded a contract. At this moment it is possible to start solving the project and submit a proposal (via INET) for granting a scholarship.
During the project implementation at 3-month intervals, the investigator enters into the ISEP (completed projects) a short interim report on the project solution.
Upon completion of the project, it is necessary to prepare the final report on the appropriate form and sign it to the Department of Research, Development and Doctoral Studies of the Faculty of Informatics, and also submit it (in pdf) to ISEP. The researcher then presents and defends the project solution for public presentation and defense, which takes place twice a year at FI.
Current call for submission of student research and development projects
- Deadline for submitting the project: by March 30, 2020 (inclusive), the proposal must be submitted via the template in ISEP
- Deadline for the announcement of the results of the selection procedure: 31 March 2020
- Start of project financing: from 1 April 2020
- ISEP - editor of project proposals
- Project Final Report Form (doc)
- Scholarship program to support student research and development projects (Dean's Directive No.5 / 2017 - Scholarship Programs FI MU)
Calls will be announced regularly twice a year - in spring and autumnAnother call for student R&D projects:
- Deadline for submission of the spring / autumn project (specific date will be stated in the current call): beginning of March / November
- Deadline for the announcement of the results of the selection procedure: end of March / November
- Start of project financing: beginning of April / December
Public presentation and defense of completed projects
- The current date of the public presentation and defense of completed projects is Wednesday , December 18, 2019 at 12.00 in the A319 auditorium.
Common design errors
Based on experience with previous proposals, we recommend to avoid the following errors, which will most likely lead to the rejection of the project:
- Vague specification of project objectives. It is not enough to indicate the framework objectives (eg "development of software for working with pdf files for Linux"), it is necessary to describe the specific outputs and / or functionality of the program to be achieved (together with the relevant timetable). It must be clear from the project proposal what is actually to be fulfilled in individual stages and subsequently checked. It must also be clear what the current status (eg the current functionality of the program) is and how much work will be done as part of the project solution.
- Insufficient justification of financial costs. The main item in the project costs is usually scholarships for research team members. It is necessary to clearly state in what form individual team members will participate in the project and what is the expected volume of their work. The members of the selection committee must assess whether the required funding is proportional to the expected benefit of the project. Travel expenses can only be requested in very exceptional and well-justified cases (in particular, student projects are not intended to finance the participation of students in scientific conferences, other sources must be used for this purpose).
- Formal errors. The project proposal must be submitted on the appropriate form and contain all the required information. A distinction needs to be made between the description of the current status and the objectives of the project (for example, if a new plug-in for an existing program is to be created within a project, it is not enough to state that the existing program is distributed under free newly created plugin). The members of the committee cannot "deduce missing data from the context", the only basis for their decision making is explicitly stated facts.
Approved projects for funding
- December 2018 :
- April 2018 :
April 2017 :
- Zuzana Baranova, Jan Mrazek - Project accomplished with praise
- Samuel Antol, Maros Beko, Tomas Nejedly, Venka Varekova, Martina Maresova, Marcel Otruba - project fulfilled
- Tomas Jasek, Martina Vitovska - Project accomplished with praise
- Áron Samuel Kovacs, Matúš Talčík - Project accomplished with praise
- Rastislav Štefanko - project fulfilled
- Frantisek Romanovska, Milan Mikus, Jakub Salagovic, Matej Trojak - project fulfilled
- April 2016 :
- December 2015 :
April 2015 :
- Marek Tomáštík - Project accomplished with praise
- Vít Novotný - Project accomplished with praise
- Lukáš Němec - Project accomplished with praise
- Marek Chalupa - Project accomplished with praise
- Michal Zima - project fulfilled
- Zuzana Ferkova, Katarina Furmanova, Marek Galvanek, Marek Zuzi, Jakub Jozef Palenik - project fulfilled
December 2014 :
- Vladimír Štill, Jiří Weiser, Kristína Zákopčanová - project fulfilled
- Samuel Pastva - project fulfilled
- Jan Bella, Milan Dolezal, Antonin Hojny, Michal Hros, Miroslava Jaresova - Project accomplished with praise
- Adriana Šmijáková - project fulfilled
- Jiri Kantor, Radek Stibora - project fulfilled
April 2014 :
- Jaromir Kala, Peter Novak, Milan Seman - project fulfilled
- Petr Pilar, Andrej Tokarcik - project fulfilled
- Radek Stibora - project fulfilled
- Milan Dolezal, Antonin Hojny, Miroslava Jaresova, Aleksei Penzentcev, Jan Bella, Michal Hros - Project accomplished with praise
- Pavel Cadek, Viktor Toman - project fulfilled
December 2013 :
- Vilem Otte, Radek Stibora - project fulfilled
- Jan Botorek - Project accomplished with praise
- Vít Stanislav - project fulfilled
- Jakub Adler, David Formanek, Dominik Szalai, Robert Siska - project fulfilled
- Jaroslav Klech - Project accomplished with praise
- Desana Daxnerova, Pavel Kajaba, Matej Minarik, Michal Babel - project fulfilled
- Katarina Furmanova, Marek Galvanek, Zuzana Ferkova, Matej Lobodas, Zuzana Lyova - project fulfilled
- Martin Demko, Ales Pejznoch - project fulfilled
December 2012 :
- Tomas Hrabal, Hoa Quoc Tran, Michal Halaj - project fulfilled
- Jakub Valtar, Erik Vanek, Filip Volner - project fulfilled
- Milan Lenco, Vladimir Still, Jiri Weiser, Vojtech Havel - Project accomplished with praise
- Viktor Borza, Adrian Farmadin, Milan Malota, Tomas Marton - project fulfilled
- Katarina Furmanova, Jan Kalat, Marek Galvanek, Zuzana Ferkova - project fulfilled
- Marek Medveď - Project accomplished with praise
- Martin Pruska, Rastislav Tisovcik - project fulfilled
- March 2012 :
- January 2010 :
November 2008 :
- Vojtěch Přehnal - project fulfilled
- Juraj Jurčo - project fulfilled
- Lubos Korenciak, Ondrej Kocian, Martin Krivanek - project fulfilled
- Petr Rocakai, Tomas Janousek, Martin Moracek, Petr Bauch - project fulfilled
- Milan Kabat, Petr Slovak, Pavel Troubil - project fulfilled
- Vaclav Vacek, Matus Madzin - project fulfilled
- Vojtěch Kovář - project fulfilled
- Marek Blahuš - project fulfilled
- Martin Novak, Petr Kunc - Project accomplished with praise
- Igor Zemsky, Miroslav Warchil - project fulfilled