Criteria for admission to the Master’s Study Programmes in English at the Faculty of Informatics MU from spring 2019
Following criteria applies for admission into master degree programmes accredited in English language - Information Technology Security, Embedded Systems and Service Science, Management, and Engineering. Admission procedure is especially for applicants from Belarus, Serbia, Moldavia, Macedonia and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
What is necessary to fulfil for successful admission?
- An applicant submit the online application and pay application fee.
- An applicant was not yet enrolled into study at FI MU.
- An applicant fulfils one from following options:
- He/she successfully completed a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields or is in the final semester of the Bachelor's studies in Computer Science or related fields and at the same time his/her study average for the entire bachelor's degree is at no more than 2.00 (according to the grading scale corresponding to the ECTS principles used at MU; in case of different grading scale the applicant must contact the Study Office of the Faculty of Informatics, MU) or must belong to the fiftieth percentile in his/her degree programme.
- He/she has successfully completed a master's degree in Computer Science or any related fields or is in the final semester of the Master's studies in Computer Science or related fields, which will be finished before enrolment into study (in this case, there are no requirements for study average). Or you are a student of final semester of the Master's degree programme in Computer Science or any related fields.
Terms and method of study application submission
An application for study must be submitted electronically. An electronic application can be create at: http://is.muni.cz/application/. Applicant submits to the Study Office documents, which are necessary for evaluation whether the criteria are met, by the application deadline at the latest. Applications (including all required documents) submitted till November 30, 2018 will be evaluated at the beginning of December, so the applicants whose need visa will have enough time to arrange it. Applications submitted afterwards will be assessed after the appllication deadline.
- 1. Admission based on a bachelor degree - An applicant submits list of passed courses (Transcript of records/Diploma Supplement) with the obtained study average issued by the appropriate university (it is also possible to demonstrate an achieved percentile). If an applicant has already completed a bachelor's degree, the list of courses must be issued after the graduation. If the applicant is a student of the last year of the relevant study, the list of courses must be issued not earlier than 3 months before the application deadline.
- 2. Admission based on a master degree - An applicant submits list of passed courses (Transcript of Records/Diploma Supplement) in both master's and bachelor's studies, issued by the relevant university (or universities). The list of courses from the bachelor's degree program must be issued after its completion. If an applicant has already completed a master's degree, the list of courses must be issued after the graduation. If the applicant is a student of the last year of the relevant master's degree, the list of courses must be issued not earlier than 3 months before the application deadline. The condition for admission to study is in this case the completion of the relevant master's degree including passing the final state examination accompanied by an officially certified copy of the diploma.
In both cases, lists of passed courses must be submitted in Czech, Slovak or English, or in other languages, after consultation with the Office for International Affairs.
In case the applicant has completed or studies at the Faculty of Informatics MU, the list of courses is not required. Submitted materials are not returned.
What is the deadline for delivery of documents?
Originals or certified copies must be delivered to the application deadline: 31. 1. 2019 (30. 11. 2018 recommended for visa countries).
Where to send the documents?- hard copies send to:
Faculty of Informatics MU
Office for Studies
602 00 Brno