Thu, 23 Feb 2006
My brother sent me a link to an interesting logical puzzle (in Flash, sorry). If you don't speak Japanese, here are the rules:
- The objective of the game is to transfer all persons to the other side of the river.
- The raft can hold at most two persons at a time, one of which has to be mother, father or sheriff.
- Father cannot be left alone with any of the daughters without the presence of mother.
- Mother cannot be left alone with any of the sons without the presence of father.
- The criminal cannot be left alone with any member of the family without the presence of sheriff.
- Press the blue circle button to start the game.
- Press the red button to transfer the raft with people across the river.
Good luck and try to measure how much time did you need to work out the solution, and how many steps did the solution need.
1 replies for this story:
Stepan wrote: how many steps
Good brain-teaser! I need 17 steps to solve it...