Wed, 09 Nov 2005
I occasionally spend few minutes here and there learning Japanese. I have managed to learn Hiragana and few basic rules of grammar so far. Here are links to the web pages/software which can be used to study Japanese:
- The Japanese Page - they have few basic facts, but what is the best is their Hiragana lesson with interactive exercises.
- KanjiStep an introduction, and some Kanji.
- Japanese is possible! - mainly gramar, somewhat anime-related. By an English-speaking person.
- Teach yourself Japanese - more detailed grammar, examples in Hiragana and Romaji. Written by a native Japanese.
- PAdict - Japanese dictionary for PalmOS, including the Kanji lookup and stroke order.
- Dokusha - a text reader, J-E dictionary, Kanji dictionary, and study system for PalmOS.
- Japanese for Nerds (part II) - an interesting pair of articles on K5 - author tries to explain the Japanese grammar as a stack-based language (such as Forth or Postscript).