Yenya's World

Thu, 17 Aug 2006

Perl: The next level

We have ran into a problem that Data::Dumper module escapes the UTF-8 characters as \x{codepoint}. This is probably intended, as the result is then usable regardless of whether the "use utf8" pragma is active or not. But it is not much readable when the data contains lots of Czech text.

I have solved it by filtering the Data::Dumper output through the following substitution:


This has moved me to the next level of my Perl proficiency, as probably for the first time I have used the "/ee" in a real-world code.

Section: /computers (RSS feed) | Permanent link | 4 writebacks


Yenya's World: Linux and beyond - Yenya's blog.


RSS feed

Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak

The main page of this blog



Blog roll:

alphabetically :-)