PV255 Game Development I
The aim of the course is to introduce the field of development of digital games, both theoretical and practical approaches. At the end of the course students should be able to:
- understand and describe basic production cycle of game development
- create a design of a simple digital game
- design and create basic audio-visual content of the game
- design and implement basic game mechanisms
- compile and present functional prototype their own digital game
Lectures are given weekly. Lectures covers various topics of game development field. Part of lectures is given by seassoned developers from Brno's game studios. See Study Materials for selected lectures from previous years (some older ones are in Czech language).
During the mandatory weekly seminars, students are working in small teams and learning how to implement various aspekts of digital game, using Unity game engine.
Grading is based on several assignments. The last assignment is to develop a functional prototype of digital game. Students can find exact assignments and deadlines in IS.
This course is directly followed by PV266 PV255 Game Development II, focusing on production and postproduction of game prototypes created in scope of PV255.