The goal of this course is to give you real-life experience with game development. During the internship, you will spend some time in gamedev company, working on real games. This should give you more experience in development itself, but also teamwork, using GameDev SW tools, hiring process, etc.
The internship could be also coupled with diploma thesis – depends on mutual agreement between you, game studio and thesis supervisor.
The internship itself could be realized in Czech, Slovak or English speaking company.
Although PA218 it is planned for autumn semester, the internship could happen also before or after semester itself – i.e. during the summer or during the exam period.
What you should do before internship
- Prepare a portfolio of your results. Invest as much time as possible into it – for people, who are deciding if you will be accepted or not, the portfolio is usually much more interesting and important than CV. OK, prepare also a nice CV ;-) Beside game-related projects from FI MU, include all other relevant results – games from game jams, mods you have created, articles about games you published, etc.
- Think about the position you want apply for – coder, graphics, animator, etc. Do not say “it doesn’t matter”. Even if there is no free slot for your desired position, it is good to have clear idea what you want to do in future.
- Revise the portfolio based on desired position. If you want to apply for, e. g. 3D Environment Artist, you should have some nice graphical assets in your portfolio.
- Go through web pages of game studios in Brno a beyond – internship does not have to happen in Brno, check what types of games they are working on (target platform, engine, visual style, etc.). Make some priorities where you want to do an internship.
- If the studio that you want to contact is in the list below, write directly to given contact person and add me to cc.
- Send them your CV, the portfolio and mention the fact that this should be “academic internship”.
- If there will be any free slot for internship, communicate directly with studio about entry interview, test, or whatever acceptance process they use.
- If you find an agreement on the internship, both you and the studio will sign the simple form and that’s it.
- If the studio is not on the list, please write to me, that you are interested in that studio – I will contact them first, explaining them the situation, finding their interest and possibilities for internships.
We have already a mutual agreement with following studios:
location(s): Brno, Praha, Mníšek pod Brdy
contact: Miloslav Cinko aka Lynx - firstname.lastname@example.org
Czech Games Edition
contact: Viola Balajková - email@example.com
Currently, we are in contact with several other studios (2K Czech, Alda Games, Giants SW, Madfinger Games, NOX Games)