Welcome to the mrtg-rrd Home Page
What is mrtg-rrd?
The mrtg-rrd.cgi is a CGI/FastCGI script for displaying MRTG graphs
from data in the RRDtool format. It can make your monitoring system faster because
MRTG does not have to generate all the PNG files with graphs every 5 minutes
or so. Instead of this the graphs are generated on-demand when the user wants
to see them.
The main goal of this project is to generate the output similar to the
MRTG native graphs as much as possible, providing the drop-in replacement
to the MRTG-generated graphs. It reads the same configuration file
as MRTG does, and it can understand most of the directive types
in this configuration file. It can display single graph pages as well as
the directory indexes referring to more graphs or subdirectories.
- Aug 18, 2003: mrtg-rrd-0.7 released. kMG:
<empty>, Factor, and Options: noi/noo
directives implemented. Bugfixes and compatibility/portability fixes.
See the ChangeLog for
- Mar 14, 2003: mrtg-rrd-0.6 released. Bugfixes, Perl 5.8.0 compatibility,
support for GIF images added (besides the default of PNG), new (hopefully
correct) handling of the defaults ([_], [$] and [^]) in mrtg.cfg.
- Feb 21, 2002: mrtg-rrd-0.5 released. Many bugfixes. It works correctly even with multiple config files with different WorkDir each. For the directory index mode, the config directives from the first target of this subtree applies (BodyTag, Refresh, etc).
- Jan 12, 2002: strftime(3) non-portability fixed. A bug which prevents mrtg-rrd from working on Solaris and other systems which does not implement
strftime("%s") has been fixed. Get the CVS version if you run mrtg-rrd on Solaris.
- Jan 09, 2002: mrtg-rrd-0.4 released. Apart from many bugfixes the main change is the double-column output in the directory mode.
Examples - mrtg-rrd at Odysseus.Linux.CZ
This server runs the FastCGI variant of mrtg-rrd, which is mapped
to the /stats/mrtg-rrd/ directory using the ScriptAlias directive of Apache.
Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak