I am a postdoctoral researcher at Masaryk University working as part of the ERC project LADIST led by Daniel Král'. Previously, I was a postdoctoral researcher at the Czech Academy of Sciences working with Jan Hladký. I received my PhD from the University of Birmingham under the supervision of Richard Mycroft and Daniela Kühn. I wrote my master's thesis at the Freie Universität Berlin supervised by Tibor Szabó.
Faculty of Informatics
602 00 Brno
Office: C516, main FI building
Email: garbe (at) fi.muni.cz
My research interests comprise extremal and probabilistic combinatorics, limits of combinatorial objects, graph norms, and computational complexity. In particular, I focus on investigating hypergraphs.
Publications and Preprints
- Limits of Latin Squares (with Robert Hancock, Jan Hladký, and Maryam Sharifzadeh)
Submitted. Extended abstract appeared in the Proceedings of EUROCOMB 2019.
- Longest paths in random hypergraphs (with Oliver Cooley, Eng Keat Hng, Mihyun Kang, Nicolás Sanhueza-Matamala, and Julian Zalla)
- Two remarks on graph norms (with Jan Hladký and Joonkyung Lee)
Discrete & Computational Geometry, accepted.
- Contagious sets in a degree-proportional bootstrap percolation process (with Andrew McDowell and Richard Mycroft)
Random Structures & Algorithms, 53 (2018), 638-651.
- Hamilton cycles in hypergraphs below the Dirac threshold (with Richard Mycroft)
Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series B, 133 (2018), 153-210.
- The complexity of the Hamilton cycle problem in hypergraphs of high minimum codegree (with Richard Mycroft)
Proceedings of the 33rd STACS (2016), 38:1-13.
- On graphs with excess or defect 2
J. Discrete Appl. Math. 180 (2015), 81-88.
Conference, Workshop and Seminar Talks
- ITI Online Seminar, October 22, 2020.
- Research Seminar Combinatorics, Freie Universität Berlin, January 22, 2020.
- Graph Limits Seminar, Alfréd Rényi Institute of Mathematics, Budapest, December 16, 2019.
- Graph Theory Seminar, Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague, October 4, 2019.
- EUROCOMB 2019, Univerzita Komenského v Bratislave, August 29, 2019.
- 27th British Combinatorial Conference, University of Birmingham, July 31, 2019.
- Large networks and random graphs, Goethe Universität Frankfurt, July 12, 2018.
- Graph Theory Seminar, Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague, April 27, 2018.
- Combinatorics Seminar, University of Warwick, January 12, 2018.
- Combinatorics Research Seminar, University of Birmingham, October 24, 2017.
- RS&A 2017, Gniezno, August 9, 2017.
- SPSAS ACO 2016, Universidade de São Paulo, July 20, 2016.
- STACS 2016, Université d'Orléans, February 18, 2016.
- Connections in Discrete Mathematics, Simon Fraser University, June 18, 2015.
- GRWC 2015, Iowa State University, June 3, 2015.
- Combinatorics Research Seminar, University of Birmingham, May 21, 2015.
- IWONT 2014, Univerzita Komenského v Bratislave, June 30, 2014.
- Research Seminar Combinatorics, Freie Universität Berlin, November 13, 2013.
Last updated: January 2021