TSD 2000 will be concerned with topics in the field of natural language processing, in particular:
- corpora, texts and transcription;
- speech analysis, recognition and synthesis;
- their intertwinning within NL dialogue systems.
Topics of the TSD 2000 workshop will include (but are not limited to):
- text corpora and tagging;
- transcription problems in spoken corpora;
- sense disambiguation;
- links between text and speech oriented systems;
- parsing issues, especially parsing problems in spoken texts;
- multilingual issues, especially multilingual dialogue systems;
- information retrieval and text/topic summarization;
- speech modeling;
- speech segmentation;
- speech recognition;
- text-to-speech synthesis;
- dialogue systems;
- development of dialogue strategies;
- user modeling
- knowledge represenation in relation to dialogue systems
- assistive technologies based on speech and dialogue;
- applied systems and software.
The official language of the event will be English, but papers on issues relating to text and speech processing in languages other than English are strongly encouraged.
Format of the workshop
TSD 2000 will be an international workshop with a limited number of active participants. Priority will be given to persons presenting a paper. The workshop program will include oral presentations and a poster/demonstration session. Papers will be presented in plenary or parallel sessions.