The Faculty of Informatics does not currently have its own canteen.
On the ground floor of building B (room B110) you will find a buffet with baguettes, tortillas, hot dogs, paninis and even some small food. The buffet is open until 6 pm and in the case of some FI events it extends its opening hours. Canteens near FI attract students with a discounted price and they can choose even more demanding from the offer of various restaurants.
That at ISIC you can top up your money directly in the canteen (also from meal vouchers) and other information about canteens can be found at MU dormitory and canteen website .
- Canteen at PřF - Classic canteen about 15 minutes walk from FI.
- Canteen on Moravské náměstí - Although there are several stops by the dirt, you will find a wider range of dishes and also a Veggie bar .
The favorite restaurants of FI students can be found on this maps .
Enterprises that offer a menu in the immediate vicinity of the faculty:
- U Dřeváka - around the street you will find Dřevák, traditional Czech cuisine at decent prices.
- Pizzeria Al Capone - in the OC Sfinx complex on Hrnčířská, in the lunch menu with soup, always at least one pizza, the soups are not thickened with flour.
- Bistro u Máchala - Bistro U Máchala is also hidden in OC Sfinx, offering a cheap changer with soup.
- Bistro PLAC - located next to the Klusáčkova stop, offers pizza, panini from its own pastries, salads, fresh and coffee, a lunch menu with soup and a Thursday pizza in hand. It is possible to order delivery.
- Divá Bára - a short walk from the Hrnčířská stop.
Indian restaurants around FI offer a very good price / size ratio on the changers and it is possible to have the portion packed, which often means that you get even more rice and for more moderate diners it is enough for dinner. Of course, there is one meatless dish on the menu.
- Padagali - large portions of side dishes, large tables, it quickly drains them. Near FI. They give lunch up to three.
- Light of India - smaller portions, but closest to FI.
Or you can choose one of the many Indian (Vietnamese and Thai) restaurants around Brno on this one
treasure map (additions welcome - write to
If you want to eat outside the changing hours, for example in the evening after the lecture, we can recommend:
- Kebabs at the Hrnčířská stop - up to CZK 100 you will get a large tortilla full of meat and vegetables. In addition, they close late at night.
- Chinese restaurant Nihao - offers a huge number of different noodle dishes, in the vast majority you can fit up to 100 CZK and the owner is ultra nice.
- Vietnamese bistro Pho 7 - offers, among other things, a strong pho noodle broth, which will give you strength during the onset of a cold. The prices are popular.
- Oasis - is a vegetarian dining room with really popular prices, where you can find under 50 CZK / meal. It is a little further from FI, 4 stops by trolleybus 32 in the direction of Česká.
- La Strada - The restaurant at the Faculty of Science offers a lunch menu and an afternoon discount on pizza. Between 15:00 and 18:00, 2 pizzas are ordered at this restaurant, including gluten-free ones, for the price of 1.