Tue, 14 Jul 2015
Which Web Gallery?
I am looking for the best way how to publish my photos on the Web. So far I have ruled out putting my photos to some "cloud" service out of my control (Picasa, Flickr, Rajče). I want something which could generate a static tree of files (HTML/CSS/JPG/JS), which can then be published by any web hosting service, or even on my own server.
Some time ago I have tested Highslide.js, but this is more lightbox than a gallery, and it cannot adapt itself to the size of the screen.
What looks promising so far, is the thing named Photoswipe. There still are some problems, though:
- When the image has much wider aspect ratio than the screen, the image caption is displayed far away from the image itself.
- The thumbnail view somewhat sucks (see the thumbnail lists near the bottom of their own getting started page.
So, my dear lazyweb: which gallery for static files do you use? I would like to have something with the following properties:
- Works on different screen sizes (even Picasa sucks at this).
- Easy to generate all the data from large JPEGs with comments/title.
- The ability to link individual images (Highslide sucks at this).
What would you recommend?