Old Town Hall

Originally a town house with a tower in witch the city documents and valuables were stored, this building later served as the centre of municipal administration from the first half of the 13th century up until 1935. The premises were enlarged in the 16th and 17th centuries by the buildings in the courtyard, and the tower was modified at the beginning of the 20th century. Today it is the home of the Brno Culture and Information Centre, and the site of such social events as the Brno Summer of Culture.

The richly decorated portal of the Old Town Hall is an extraordinary example of late gothic sculpure, the work of Anton Pilgram in 1510.