Go back to my homepage | Go to previous version of this web-page
LAPACK & BLAS precompiled binaries for Win32/Win64 platform
The original source codes of LAPACK and BLAS package are available from http://www.netlib.org/liblist.html.
Since no open source Fortran compiler is natively available for Win32/Win64 platform, the precompiled binaries of these two packages can be
downloaded from http://www.netlib.org/lapack/archives/
. Unfortunately, there are some bugs in those lib files and they are no more updated. When building any
C++ application in MSVC against lapack.lib and blas.lib you can
meet several linking troubles. For this purpose we patched the LAPACK-3.5.0
source codes, compiled them
using Intel ® Fortran
compiler 2013 and linked with Miscrosoft Visual Studio 12:
*) Some required libraries (DLL files) are part of Intel Redistributable package (download).
- shared version (Win32, release): download *)
- shared version (Win64, release): download *)
- shared version (Win32, debug): download *)
- shared version (Win64, debug): download *)
- static version (no more available)
If you want to build the
binaries on your own
- Download the patched version of lapack source codes.
- Unpack it.
- Run command line.
- Run ifortvars.bat (part of Intel Fortran distribution)
- Run vcvars.bat (part of MSVC distribution)
- Run cmake -G "NMake Makefiles" [path to source codes of lapack]
- Type nmake.
LAPACK & BLAS header files for C/C++
The source codes of lapack and blas were simply submitted to f2c program in order to obtain
the prototype for each lapack/blas function. You can either create the
header files in the same way on your own or use ours:
It is good to know that the header files are platform independent, i.e.
these can be used either in Windows (MSVC) as well as in Linux
(GNU C/C++) without any further modification.
last modification: August 25, 2014
visitors from June 26, 2007: